It’s Wednesday and time for the Hodgepodge Jo From This Side of the Pond has a set of questions for us to ponder.
1. Besides the flag, tell us about something red, something white and something blue from your weekend.
I’m going to lump the red, white and blue all together. We had a weird Memorial Day Weekend. Dear and I facilitated the food for a rehearsal dinner on Friday night and wedding on Saturday for a family from church so we were in the church kitchen for several hours. We didn’t have anything else planned for the weekend into the holiday on Monday and we found it relaxing to work on my London jigsaw puzzle which is mostly red, white and blue and on a blue tablecloth.
2. June is here and it’s National Give A Bunch of Balloons Month. Who would you give a bunch to if you could? Tell us why.
Dollar store has their helium tanks again so I’m excited to buy a bunch of balloons to have here for the grands to enjoy when they visit. I will also buy a few to put out at the street so my Tea guests know which driveway to pull into. Our driveway is easy to miss and since it’s on a 50mph road it’s nice to give ample warning! My Tea date is June 19th.
3. What are three adjectives you associate with the month of June? Something you’re looking forward to this month?
Growing up in southern California we associated June with gloom because of the weather, June gloom. June is also associated with blooms so bloom June. “June is bustin out all over” Honeymoon June since June is associated with weddings.
I’m looking forward to having a Tea for Eight guests in my home on June 19th. I don’t have to cook or serve. I will set the table.
4. Tell us about a time (besides the obvious Corona answer) when you felt stuck in second gear.
Lately I’m stuck in second gear as far as meal planning goes. I’m unmotivated to come up with a weeks worth of meals or even a couple days worth of meals.
5. Sum up your May in fifteen words or less.
A month filled with flowers, joy and sorrow, special hellos and unreasonable goodbyes for now.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Highlight of our Memorial Day Weekend was this little guy coming to play at our house. More to come.