The most vibrant of our azaleas has bloomed.
The fern fronds are unfurling.
Everything is green. Our large rhododendron plants are just starting to open their buds. This is the back side of our home.
This smaller rhododendron is in full bloom.
The rosebud azaleas are close to their prime.
This is view of our side yard looking to the front of our property. Our house is on the left and garage/shop on the right.
I’m real excited about all the peony buds this year!
This is one of our Top Hat Blueberry plants on our deck. Fresh blueberries are in our future.
We are in another rainy pattern. They are talking about some sunshine in the near future.
Addyson is 2 months old today. We were texted some photos the last couple of days.
They’ve been storing breast milk and daddy was able to successfully feed her for the first time on Mother’s Day.
2 months old with Rayna keeping a watchful eye on her! Isn’t she lovely…So happy for the easy way we have these days to share photos. It makes being far away so much easier. Are you near or far from your grandkids?
Linking up to ABC Wednesday for the letter S. Thanks to Mrs. Nesbitt and her loyal team.
Time for ABC Wednesday and the letter P! Thank you Mrs. Nesbitt, Roger and the whole ABC Team!
I love all the shades of purple that are growing in my yard right now. My lilac blooms are almost full.
Pansies and the ground cover have purple blooms.
I have the promise of more peonies this year than last.
More perennials that are purple.
And here’s my Bible Verse Card for the Letter P!
And on the subject of peace here are some words from the Prince of Peace, Jesus;
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” John 14:27
I’m continuing to enjoy a peaceful week at this old house. We had some very warm weather here on Monday. It reached 76 degrees in our town. Tuesday is another story. Hopefully I’ll be able to mow the lawn before the rain comes in.
Do you have promises of more blooms in your yard?
Here are my five blooming blessings for Susanne’s Friday’s Fave Five!
1. I got to enjoy 5 Peony blooms from my plant this year. Last year I only had two! Peonies really delight me.
2. Dear returned safely from his business trip to France and we enjoyed a relaxed Father’s Day weekend.
3. After non-stop activity for a few months we had a very slow uneventful week and that was good as we head into a flurry of prep work to replace all of our floors by the end of July.
4. Last Saturday my sister and I went on a garden tour in a neighboring city and enjoyed lots of wrong turns and laughter. A post is still coming about that morning…
5. Lots of good talks on the phone with our grown children this week. Our daughter and son-in-law are anticipating lots of changes over the next several months and it was good to be able to listen to all the possibilities and help them in the “waiting”. We are starting to get real excited about our plans for our England trip with our oldest son and DIL. We were waiting on the Premier League “Fixtures” to be released and now we can plan in earnest. (Fixtures are the teams schedules for the coming season) Now we are hoping we can actually get some tickets for the game we want to go to. Our son Dan is doing well on the other side of the mountains and that makes us happy.
Yesterday we had a solid day of rain. We are hoping for some dry time this weekend for some of our scheduled projects. Today is the first day of summer and looking out my window it’s hard to believe that. We joke around in the northwest that summer doesn’t really start up here until July 5th! Do you have some fun summer plans?