Joining Kati at Kati’s Little Corner of the World for the July photo challenge. These photos are for days 11-18.
14. On the floor
17. On the Shelf
Hope you are having a good weekend. We are in for some heat again. Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions on what to do with the apples from our apple tree. I’m waiting for a cool down around here to turn on my oven and get creative!
We have a lovely space close to us where you can walk out on these wooden walkways and see nature at it’s best. The fences along the walkway help to keep you where you should be so you don’t disturb the wildlife!
Can you see all the ducklings?
The vegetation is so lush and green this time of year.
We are having another stretch of dry warm weather and I’ve had to water my plants instead of depending on the rain to do that.
Dear was in New Orleans at a conference and I’m very happy to have him back home. We are celebrating at our favorite Mexican dive.
Linking up to signs, signs with Lesley and Good Fences #61 with TexWisGirl!
Mama Duck and her 9 little ducklings came to visit. I’m always surprised when I see them for the first time in Spring.
We had a short stretch of dryness yesterday and I mowed part of the lawn and did some weeding before the rains rolled in again. Hopefully we’ll get another dry patch so I can finish the rest of the lawn. This part where the ducks are nibbling seed that has fallen from the bird feeder above has not been mowed yet. I’m happy they can glean the fallen seeds.
Today my kids are picking me up for another Sounders Soccer game. We hope they win for a change. I think the team and fans are ready for a lift!
What does your Saturday hold for you?
…waddle, waddle. Mama and her 8 ducklings came to visit.
I’ll be seeing my mama and pops and 6 of their ducklings this weekend. There will probably be a lot of quacking going on. Some of us are at the waddling stage, too. But back to mama duck and her ducklings…
They decided they wanted to eat the bird seed that falls from the bird feeder while I was mowing close by. I left them in peace and mowed another section of the yard until they were done. We think this is the mama duck that visits us every year. This is the first year she’s waddled about our yard with ducklings. We think her eggs got eaten last year.
Things are busy around here as we get ready for a couple of events. Tomorrow we have a dinner here for our end of session celebration with our small group. Then
bright and early dark and early on Friday Dear is dropping me off at the airport. I’m flying to Southern California for our nephews wedding in a barn. Makes me think about one of my father’s favorite things to say when we’d leave a door open “Were you born in a barn?” Now Levi and Kristin can say they were married in a barn. Maybe they should have their first babe in a barn. (I digress again) Dear will be joining me later in SoCal. We’re excited that Josh and Laura and Katie will be joining us, too. It’s been a couple months since we’ve seen Katie and we’re looking forward to spending some time with her.
What’s new in your neck of the woods?
A time to reflect on the past week and consider your favorites. Please visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story who is our hostess for Friday’s Fave Five.
1. We had a family taco night last Friday to celebrate my nephew Caleb visiting from California.
2. On Sunday before church Dear painted our guest room. He gets up real early. Then after church we re-decorated the room and we are thoroughly enjoying it! This is also the room where my computer lives most of the time. One of the great things about the changes in the room is the fact that the desk with my computer on it faces a window now and I get to see birds on the bushes outside the window.
3. These Irises have made me smile all week and they only cost $3.99.
4. Seeing the first ducklings of the season in our neighborhood. This mama duck and her little ones were crossing the street.
5. Last but not least, being a part of the Mennonite Girls Can Cook Blog. I’m enjoying getting to know my Canadian friends more and more. Head over to the blog on Friday and see the ingredients I put together for my Mexican Rice Bowl…
Photobucket replaced all my photos with ugly black and grey boxes and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.