Time again for Wednesday Hodgepodge! Thank you Joyce From This Side of the Pond for asking the questions!
1. January 25th is National Opposites Day. ‘They’ say opposites attract…do you agree, and if so is that a good thing? Or do you subscribe more to a ‘birds of a feather’ philosophy?
Getting really basic, in marriage opposites are a good thing, male and female. Our marriage started with a foundation of being the same spiritually, believing in God and being born again believing in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. After 47 years of marriage we have grown more similar than different in our likes and dislikes. We have different personalities and a different skill set, which works well. Although we don’t isolate ourselves with only like minded people it is nice to have a haven of like minded people in the world of ‘differences’.
2. Something you’re glad to have behind you?
Formal schooling from Elementary through College.
Something you’re glad is ahead of you?
Continued learning experiences of life on this earth.
3. Your favorite hot food? Cold food? Are you a fan of breakfast for dinner?
I love food! I’ll go with soup for hot food. I’ll go with a cold cut sandwich with all the extras for cold food. I am a fan of breakfast for dinner!
4. Are you someone who always arrives to appointments/events early or do you tend to run late? Last thing you were late for?
Early, early, early. Hmm, hard to remember something I was late for. We did make it to a surprise party after the big surprise because the person who was being honored came early!
5. “What good is the warmth of summer without the cold of winter to give it sweetness?” John Steinbeck….Your thoughts?
Every season has so much to enjoy all on it’s own and sometimes the huge contrasts do make us appreciate each season’s special characteristics more. I’m so happy to live in a part of the country where there are distinct differences in the seasons. Some here say we have a fifth season…mud.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We are in a distinct Winter here with temperatures below freezing, snow still on the ground, and treacherous icy spots to avoid! We are a third of the way through Winter.
Enjoy the rest of Winter hodgepodgers!