I finally combined a couple recipes for Yorkshire Pudding that I like the results of. I’m posting the recipe here so I can access it next Christmas and any other time we are in the mood for Yorkshire Pudding.
Yorkshire Pudding 2021
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces whole milk
- Sunflower Oil
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl and make a well.
- Add one egg at a time with a little of the milk and beat well repeating until all the eggs and all the milk are incorporated and mixed well and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a jug, any vessel with a pouring lip like a small pitcher or larger measuring cup.
- Let this mixture sit for several hours before you are ready to cook them.
- Forty Five minutes before you are ready to serve them preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Put a teaspoon of sunflower oil in each well of your popover pan.
- Put the pan in the preheated oven for 15 minutes to get the oil smoking hot.
- Pull the pan out carefully and add the batter evenly into each well being careful not to spill the mix anywhere but into the wells, use a spoon to catch any drips as you go from well to well.
- Put tray back into oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up nicely.
- Serve immediately with your Prime Rib adding some au jus to the table to soak them with if you so wish.
Recipe yields 12 Yorkshire Puddings.
Tips: You might need to strain the mixed up batter through a sieve if you have too many flour lumps after mixing. Be patient in the baking process letting them puff up and get to the done stage.
Sunflower oil is recommended because it does well at high heat.
If you don’t have a popover pan like the one pictured you can also use a 12 well muffin pan.
I put my popover pan on a sheet pan so I could handle it safely and make it easier to put in and out of the oven.