1. What does/did Halloween look like at your house this year? Did you decorate? Pick pumpkins? Carve pumpkins? Expect trick or treaters? Wear a costume to a party or event? Make a costume? Feel glad you didn’t have to come up with a costume? Cook a Halloween themed treat? Eat all the leftover candy?
Minimal decorations on the front porch that I’ve collected over the years. Not much but enough for me. I’m working on this post in between the doorbell and knocks and shouts of “trick or treat”. So far we’ve had 35 costumed cuties.
We went to the pumpkin patch a couple Sundays ago with the newest member of our family and she was the cutest pumpkin in the patch.
This is the closest we came to costumes this year. We were at a favorite garden store today and they had these props to take photos with.
2. What are you waiting for? Elaborate
We are in the process of replacing counter tops, sink, cooktop, and back splash. All the old back splash has been removed so things are looking a bit untidy around here as we wait on the quartz guys to template and prepare and install the quartz for us. Then dear can get to work on the back splash. (Is that two words or one?)
We’ve now had 40 trick or treaters at the door.
3. Do you wish you were friendlier, braver, more creative, more athletic, or something else? Explain.
How about skinnier. I’ve put on a lot of weight since I hit 60 and I don’t like it much.
4. When it comes time to paint are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone? What was the last paint job completed at your house? What room most needs painting now? How do you feel about wallpaper?
Dear’s father had a house painting business and Dear was trained well. Dear does all the painting at this old house and any of the houses we’ve lived in. No room in this house is in desperate need of painting. After we gut our master bath that will be the next room that will get a fresh coat of paint. We haven’t wall papered anything in any house since our 2nd home in 1976. I can enjoy wallpaper but hate removing wallpaper.
44 trick or treaters so far and #44 really needs to go home and go to sleep, just a little cranky.
5. What is one specific thing you felt gratitude for in the month of October?
I am so grateful for our first annual family hunting trip at our son, DIL, and Addy’s home in northeastern Washington. All of our kids, spouses and our little grand were together under one roof for a few nights and we had a great time.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We have so enjoyed the fall colors this year in our area. So thankful to God for all the seasons of the year and the beauty that we can find in each one.
Dear and I walked the river trail on Sunday afternoon and I have a lot of photos to share from that walk. The reflection of this tree in the river was beautiful.
Thank you to Joyce From Across the Pond for asking the questions for Hodgepodge Wednesday. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my posts. I appreciate your visits!
Just when I thought cranky #44 was the last trick or treater we had another wave and we are up to 51! It’s after eight and all is quiet in the neighborhood so I think I’ll turn off the lights and call it a good night with 51!
Before I could turn out the lights 4 tall teenagers came by to grab a handful of candy so our final count was 55!