Two summer views from our son’s driveway in Eastern Washington.
We’ve had some nice mild summer weather during our stay here. We are enjoying the cool nights with our bedroom window open. I woke up this morning to a rooster call in the distance. We are definitely in the country.
Linking up with Tom for The Barn Collective.
It’s time for another round of ABC Wednesday! Thank you to Mrs. Nesbitt for starting it up and for a wonderful team of people keeping it going!
A is for my apple tree and the apples that I have no inspiration to do anything with at present.
So time will tell if an apple crisp or an apple tart or an apple pie or applesauce is in our future! What would you make with my apples?
Continuing with Kati’s challenge Day 15 thru Day 21.
18. Something Old (Wells Cathedral)
19. Refreshing (Cornwall, England)
20. Book (Crime and Punishment – Fyoder Dostoyevsky)
21. Summer (Chilliwack Corn)
This Saturday marks the beginning of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere and the beginning of Winter in the Southern Hemisphere so World Cup will finish up during the Winter in Brazil.
We continue with our Weekend Warrior bathroom work this weekend. We have to use this weekend well since we’ll be traveling to Portland for a wedding next weekend. What are your plans for the first weekend of summer?
…on some before and afters of our floors. These are just a few of the changes that I’m enjoying. I really like our new smaller TV stand and that the TV now fits tucked in nicely under the stairwell.
The stairs to the basement are a great improvement, too. The new chocolate carpet color enhances the walls and the tile in the basement.
I’m still working on the right angles of the new shots of the living room compared to the old looks. I’ll share more soon. WE are really happy with the roomier feeling we’re getting in the living room.
We have had some “oye” moments around here. The Ikea storage units we bought for our closet in the spare room were off by 3/4 of an inch so now we need to make some adjustments to have them fit in the closet. Little things like that make a big impact on your planning.
My mom is hanging in there and my mom and pop have decided that they don’t need one of my siblings spending the night at the apartment anymore. My siblings still come by during the day to clean and cook for my parents. My pop is doing a lot better with the situation and walks to the store now that is close by to replenish milk, etc.
Katie and Andrew have made it to Denver and will be in Salt Lake City on Tuesday. We’re hoping to see them here by Saturday.
So many bloggy friends are talking about Fall already and I’m so surprised to hear about kids starting school. Are you looking ahead to Fall or are you still enjoying the long days of summer?
Things are cooling down and the breezes are lovely. When pulling a few weeds today around the lavender bushes the scent was wonderful.
Time will tell if I am able to steal away to some lavender farms this year later in July.
Today I’m pulling out the 4th of July decorations and doing the rest of the shopping for our menu. Dear will be smoking the meat and our guests will be bringing along some dishes to share. What are your plans for the 4th?
Here are my five blooming blessings for Susanne’s Friday’s Fave Five!
1. I got to enjoy 5 Peony blooms from my plant this year. Last year I only had two! Peonies really delight me.
2. Dear returned safely from his business trip to France and we enjoyed a relaxed Father’s Day weekend.
3. After non-stop activity for a few months we had a very slow uneventful week and that was good as we head into a flurry of prep work to replace all of our floors by the end of July.
4. Last Saturday my sister and I went on a garden tour in a neighboring city and enjoyed lots of wrong turns and laughter. A post is still coming about that morning…
5. Lots of good talks on the phone with our grown children this week. Our daughter and son-in-law are anticipating lots of changes over the next several months and it was good to be able to listen to all the possibilities and help them in the “waiting”. We are starting to get real excited about our plans for our England trip with our oldest son and DIL. We were waiting on the Premier League “Fixtures” to be released and now we can plan in earnest. (Fixtures are the teams schedules for the coming season) Now we are hoping we can actually get some tickets for the game we want to go to. Our son Dan is doing well on the other side of the mountains and that makes us happy.
Yesterday we had a solid day of rain. We are hoping for some dry time this weekend for some of our scheduled projects. Today is the first day of summer and looking out my window it’s hard to believe that. We joke around in the northwest that summer doesn’t really start up here until July 5th! Do you have some fun summer plans?