It’s time for Wednesday Hodgepodge where Jo asks the questions and we provide some answers. The first question is about mama so I’m sharing this photo of our mom from 2009 at a Mother’s Day gathering in Southern California. She escaped to heaven in 2013.
1. It’s like my mama always said, “____________________________________________.”
It’s a Russian saying that gets lost in translation. For scrapes and bruises and other things that we would get upset about the saying goes, “by the time of your wedding it will heal”.
2. May 11th is National Eat What You Want Day. What will you be having by way of celebration?
Everyday is eat what you want day around here. We hosted a card night on the 11th (last night) and I made a batch of my loaded Chocolate Chip cookies for the table while we played “Hand and Foot”. Everyone had their fill of cookies.
3. Describe your idea of a perfect spring day.
75 degrees with a blue sky and puffy clouds enjoying a stroll in a garden or very old cemetery filled with a variety of Spring flowers and blossoming trees like Dogwood and Lilac.
4. Success, fulfillment, growth, achievement…pick one and tell us how it relates to your life in some way, either currently or in days gone by.
I’m going with growth. I’m a strong believer of continued Biblical learning so that we can continue growing up in our Faith. Study to show thyself approved...
5. I saw this going around on various social media sites and thought it would be fun to answer here. The last thing you bought on Amazon is your weapon in battle. How will you wield it? (if you’re not an Amazon shopper, then the last thing you bought online anywhere)
Well we have an order arriving on Friday of 3 items, Prince Lionheart Squish Booster Seat, a fluted tart pan and a book, With the Master on Our Knees: A Ladies Bible Study on Prayer, by Susan J. Heck.
I’ll fling the tart pan at my enemy injuring the villain and then squish him with my Prince Lionheart Squish Booster Seat all the while praying to my Lord and Master to give me the victory!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
On May 4th we had our Colville kids over for dinner and the weather was nice so we spent some time outside after dinner.
These Johnny Jumpups are taking over!
It’s time to get our soccer goal out on the grass again.
A little snack was in order after playing hard and before they headed home.
Hope May is flowering for you!