Thank you Joyce for bringing Hodgepodge back!
1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It’s kind of fun to be back, isn’t it? Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that’s happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don’t know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.
Has it really been that long!? Well I will start with September of 2018. The major thing that happened on September 11, 2018 was becoming owners of our country bungalow and moving from the big city to the wide open country. We used a container company to move most of our stuff (3 containers full) and we hauled other things across the mountains in our vehicles and a trailer.
So thankful for our helpers! We couldn’t have done it without them!
2. Might as well get this out of the way early on…COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn’t create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won’t only have virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.
3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it’s all said and done? What’s something delcious you’ve cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?
We are really missing our regular visits to our favorite Mexican restaurant. Mexican food is my comfort food.
The most delicious thing was the corned beef and cabbage we had a week ago on St. Patrick’s day. Dear made the whole meal on the Traeger. The next night we used the leftover corned beef to make a grilled Reuben. Corned beef with sauerkraut, thousand Island dressing, Swiss cheese on rye bread grilled on the stove top…perfection! I should have taken a photo.
4. What’s a television show or movie you’ve seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?
We so enjoy British Murder Mysteries. We have access to Brit Box, Amazon Prime, and Acorn besides Netflix. The only problem is that we live in the country and all of our services come via satellite so streaming is sketchy a lot of the time. There are some days that we cannot stream any of these shows because of broadband issues. But here’s what we like.
Vera, Endeavour, Father Brown, Midsomer Murders, Shetland, Morse, Detective Lewis, Call the Midwife, Silent Witness, The Crown, Great British Baking Show, to name a few. We are waiting for our Broadband to get better so we can watch The English Game on Netflix.
5. Share something funny you’ve seen or heard this week.
There are so many creative memes/Gifs showing up on Facebook that have been hilarious and have made me laugh.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
This is one of my prayers for this time we are in:
Lord, make us strong and courageous like Joshua and obedient and faithful like Daniel. Help us not to fear and keep us from being paralyzed by anxiety. Help us to always look to the rock of our faith, Jesus, who suffered the cross on our behalf and lives to intercede for us. Continue to draw and save people for your kingdom. May they know they are lost and need you today. Help them not to wait but to respond to your call to be saved. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.
Thank you again Joyce for reviving the Hodgepodge. Click on Hodgepodge to see more posts! I’ll add the direct link on Wednesday.