I’m scrambling to find the photos for Vee’s February Note Card Party. Thank you Vee for hosting. My theme this month is all about visiting Seattle and getting your photograph with the iconic Space Needle in view!
If you have never visited our beautiful city surrounded by evergreens and water you need to put it on your list of places to visit. No one has paid me to entice you to visit!
Happy to report the sun is shining right now in the Seattle area. We have had some very blustery winds and lots of rainfall over the last few days. I’m listening with interest on the storms that are predicted to hit areas in the midwest and east again and hope you all fair well. My hair has fared well today and all the grey is covered…
“Fare thee well! and if for ever,
Still for ever, fare thee well:
Even though unforgiving, never
‘Gainst thee shall my heart rebel…”
…and so are some tulips!
There’s a new meme in blogdom hosted by The Tablescaper called Oh, the Places I’ve Been. I’m sharing more from the Skagit Tulip Festival in Washington State. The fields and garden I visited were Roozengaarde. Today it’s all about red. Yesterday I posted Tickled Pink.
It seems like red tulips might be fast bloomers. I was interested in all these spent blooms that are in the trenches.
The focus on a few of these are on the mountains in the background. It really was the first great weather day since Easter. We have a quiet weekend ahead for which I am grateful.
I’m linking up with The Tablescaper’s new meme starting April 19th. Click on image to see the rules and join the party.
Cori G! at Gingerbread Crumbs & Co. via Pam at Grey Like Snuffie is passing along a meme about 10 things you love starting with an assigned letter. She assigned me either the letter L or R to list 10 things I love. I chose to list 10 L’s I love.
If you’d like to play let me know and I’ll assign you a letter or two to choose from.
Photobucket is holding all my photos I stored with them from 2007-2015 hostage unless I pay them a lot of money. I’m slowly cleaning up many posts from this time period and deleting their ugly grey and black boxes with a ransom request. Such a time consuming bother.
Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is hosting a new Friday meme called Friday’s Fave Five. You just have to post 5 favorite things from this past week and link back to her blog. She’ll have a Mr. Linky so you can join in easily. Here are my Favorites from this past week.
1. Having our daughter visit us with her boyfriend. They arrived at the Long Beach Airport on Monday morning and I picked them up and we did some sight seeing on the way home.
2. Meeting up with my walking buddy and having a walk in Old Towne Camarillo with some Antique shopping and thrift shopping along the way.
3. Going to Disneyland and meeting up with family for some fun.
4. Eating out with family. This photo is from Naples Ristorante in Downtown Disney where 8 of our extended family met up to eat and enjoy each other around food again.
5. Last favorite was being able to catch several Olympic Soccer Games and especially the Gold Medal Win by the U.S. Women’s Team. Hope Solo was amazing in goal! Well done ladies!!
Photobucket is holding all my photos from 2007-2015 hostage on their site and have replaced my photos with black and grey boxes of ugliness. I’m slowly deleting those boxes from my blog and trying to update so many posts, very frustrating.
Hello everyone! We made it to Seattle at 12:30 A.M. this morning. 17 hours on the road. I’m brain dead but I had this little meme in my drafts and decided I needed to put something new to look at on my blog. Since the kitchen and cooking and eating and fellowship were the theme of the last 3 days I thought this was a good filler for the time being. Hope to get around soon and see what you are all up to! Blessings.
Here’s a little Meme about the Kitchen. List 8 random things about your kitchen. You can combine things about your kitchen with your cooking style…
1. My Kitchen in my home in Washington is also my Dining Room. It all happens in here….
2. I have a gas stove top that is separate from my electric double oven.
3. A center rectangular work area with cabinets and a section of bar seating doubles as a buffet service area.
4. My kitchen has loads of cabinets that were an Oak finish and Dear painted them for me in two shades of green with my walls an even darker shade of the same green tone.
5. We used to have fluorescent light fixtures in this space that we jokingly said we could do surgery under. Dear replaced them with recessed lighting and drop down pen lights over my Island and a light fixture over our table.
6. We have seated up to 16 people around our dining room table!
7. We like to cook classic comfort food and also experiment with the latest recipes we see on Food Network!
We clean up all the messes in this wonderful sink. It’s deep and wide and I can fit a cookie sheet in here and my large pots and pans.
8. We love to share our space and our food with no expectations of reciprocation…
If you’d like to participate in this meme please do and let me know if you do…
Photobucket is holding all my photos I stored with them from 2007-2015 hostage. They have blacked out all those photos on my blog posts. OH BOTHER! I’m slowly cleaning up my posts.