Friday January 27th is the Right to Life March 2017 in Washington D.C. The theme is The Power of One. I’m one blogger who wants to bring attention to the march. I’m sharing this quote from Mother Theresa and four more thoughts.
- “But I feel that the greatest destroyer of peace today is abortion, because it is a war against the child – a direct killing of the innocent child – murder by the mother herself. And if we accept that a mother can kill even her own child, how can we tell other people not to kill one another? How do we persuade a woman not to have an abortion? As always, we must persuade her with love, and we remind ourselves that love means to be willing to give until it hurts. Jesus gave even his life to love us. So the mother who is thinking of abortion, should be helped to love – that is, to give until it hurts her plans, or her free time, to respect the life of her child. The father of that child, whoever he is, must also give until it hurts. By abortion, the mother does not learn to love, but kills even her own child to solve her problems. And by abortion, the father is told that he does not have to take any responsibility at all for the child he has brought into the world. That father is likely to put other women into the same trouble. So abortion just leads to more abortion. Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching the people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want. That is why the greatest destroyer of love and peace is abortion. ”
~ Mother Theresa
2. Today as a woman I cannot stay silent on this issue. I agree wholeheartedly with Mother Theresa! My choice is to speak up now and stop sticking my head in the sand on this issue.
3. I have heard from dear women who were lied to about the need to abort their babies and have suffered deeply because of it.
4. This act is not a good choice for women. For many it’s a hard choice, very hard, but it’s not a good choice. It will not bring peace to the situation. It will haunt you forever. Give your dear baby up for adoption over abortion. This choice will go well for you.
5. Dear one, If you have already aborted a baby in your past please know that God loves you and offers forgiveness and peace to you, too. This peace comes through what Jesus did for us on the cross. He died for all our failings and poor judgement and offers peace with God through forgiveness of our sins. Choose this life with God through his dear son Jesus Christ and enjoy his peace and love and joy.
So thankful that these and many more were not aborted but were allowed to be born and thrive albeit with struggles and challenges along the way.