One drive around a couple blocks yielded all these churches in the city of Snohomish last Sunday.
This church has been converted to a wedding chapel. When we went all the way around I took a photo from the front view, too.
I wasn’t sure if this is still a church or if it’s been converted to a different use. It was too rainy and dreary on this day to get out of the car and check. All my photos on this drive around a few blocks came from an open window in our car.
This is Zion Lutheran Church.
This photo above is the front of the wedding chapel.
This is the Snohomish Evangelical Free Church.
We took this little drive because we got to a furniture store a little early and it wasn’t open yet. I saw several “spires” from the furniture store and decided a little drive would yield some good views for InSPIREd Sunday. Thank you Beth and Sally!
I’m looking forward to seeing the churches y’all have posted in this new year. Happy New Year everyone.
At the table in the kitchen, there were three bowls of porridge. Goldilocks was hungry. She tasted the porridge from the first bowl.
“This porridge is too hot!” she exclaimed.
So, she tasted the porridge from the second bowl.
“This porridge is too cold,” she said
So, she tasted the last bowl of porridge.
“Ahhh, this porridge is just right,” she said happily and she ate it all up.
I realize this is a leap but I thought of Goldilocks since we’ve been church shopping for the last few Sundays. When we moved back to Washington we knew we’d have to find a new church home to settle into. The church we’d attend when we flew back and forth was a little too hot for us. A great church with a fabulous ministry but just too hot for our comfort. (And you know it’s all about us…)
The second church we visited 3 Sundays to see if it was the right fit but the chair was too big and too old. The next church we tried today was very close to home and the chairs and the worship music were just right but we weren’t comfortable with some theology…
Soon we’ll find the place that’s just right and we’ll be able to start to use our gifts again to serve the Body of Christ. Until then just call me Goldilocks…
Photobucket is holding all my photos that I stored on their site from 2007-2015 hostage replacing them with ugly grey and black boxes and asking for a large ransom to retrieve them. It is a slow process to go through all my posts deleting the ugly boxes.
It’s time for Fridays Fave 5 where we think about the last week and what some of our favorite things were. You can join in anytime by visiting Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. Last Saturday we hosted an Open House at our condo for family and friends. A time to eat, drink and be merry. It was a fun encouraging time being with these wonderful people…
2. On Sunday we had the most wonderful church service. It was encouraging and Jesus was lifted high and given the praise and honor He alone deserves.
3. Willow had a day off because of Veteran’s Day/(Remembrance Day in Canada) so we had a morning walk and chose a new route. It was fun to see new things. There were poinsettias growing on the side of the road and we saw lions and tigers and bears oh my! Oops! I mean horses and pigs and sheep oh my! We also saw deer again on another walk this week…
4. I always enjoy going to our regular spots to eat here in town. It was fun going to El Tecolote with Dear and just sitting and relaxing and debriefing with him.
5. I’ve enjoyed thinking and planning Thanksgiving weekend. It’s been a while since I’ve been at my home in Washington and I’m looking forward to spending some time there with my kids. This just might be in my fave fives next week too! :0)
Photobucket is holding all my photos from 2007-2015 hostage and demanding a ransom for me to access them. I’m slowly cleaning up many of my posts where PB have added ugly black and grey boxes where my photos used to be. So frustrating!