1. Do you try to set rules for yourself about how you use your time? Explain.
Sometimes. Right now Dear and I have set rules on our eating and drinking habits. The rule is not to eat after five and not to drink after six. This works well when we don’t have overnight guests.
When I’m in a slump I like to use the fifteen minute timer rule. Set the timer and get busy for 15 minutes. It’s amazing what you can get done in fifteen minutes and sometimes this is just the kick start I need to get going and finish a project.
2. Monday was National Lighthouse Day. Have you ever visited a lighthouse? If not, do you have any desire to see one up close? Of the 10 Most Beautiful that made this list which would you most like to see in person-
We have visited a few lighthouses in Washington State, see collage above. These are from the far southwest edge of Washington, the Northeast edge of Washington and the Puget sound area of Seattle.
Lindau Lighthouse (Germany), Fanad Lighthouse (Ireland), Portland Head Light (Maine), Yaquina Bay Light (Oregon) The St. Augustine Light (Florida), Peggys Point Lighthouse (Canada), Start Point Lighthouse (England), Tower of Hercules (Spain), Bass Harbor Head Station (Maine), and White Shoal Light (Michigan)
I’d like to visit Portland Head Light in Maine and Fanad Lighthouse in Ireland.
When you’ve been away, what’s your ‘lighthouse’ telling you you’re on the right road home?
When we are on the road on a longer than usual trip the “lighthouse” for me is turning on Simonds Road and heading up the hill to our street and finally our driveway.
My spiritual lighthouse leading me to my ultimate home is Jesus.
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
3. What have you unintentionally stopped doing? Is this something you need to pick back up and begin again, or is it something you need to let go of for now (or even permanently)?
Counting calories and cutting down on what I’m eating has stopped because of our summer company. We’ve had three different groups of loved ones come from far away to enjoy time at this old house and what the Seattle area has to offer. I intend on picking it up again tomorrow since we have no more company coming, that we know of.
4. We’ve had a full week of August. Share a GRAND moment from your month so far.
We had a grand time on Lake Union yesterday late afternoon into the evening on an electric boat. I will share a full post about it soon.
5. Tell us one song you love with the word ‘baby’ in the title.
Baby, Baby by Amy Grant
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I’m late to the Hodgepodge party as I’ve been busy with our latest company.
We won’t be seeing our eastern girls and our eastern son till September…boohoo. So thankful for text messages with photos attached!
See what others are posting for Wednesday Hodgepodge at From This Side of the Pond. I’m sure you’ll get to see Jo’s new little grandson who has freshly arrived this August!