- 1 cup diced ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion (scallions)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 eggs beaten
- 1 6oz. can diced Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet. Saute ham and green onions in butter.
- Add beaten eggs and diced green chiles.
- Mix ingredients and cook until eggs are just set. Remove from heat and prepare cheese sauce.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy bottom pan.
- Add flour, salt and pepper to butter and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the 2 cups of milk gradually and blend well. Cook to a gentle boil.
- Add the grated cheese and mix well until cheese is melted. Add the cheese sauce to the egg mixture and fold in till combined.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased 9×12 casserole dish.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight until 30-40 minutes before you want to serve the dish
- Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
Serve with fruit and muffins or toast. Serves 6