These were a nice change from regular pancakes made with yogurt instead of milk. We enjoyed them with a dollop of plain yogurt and pure maple syrup. Since childhood our family has enjoyed pancakes with sour cream and syrup. If you’ve never tried it you should. With these yogurt pancakes we used yogurt instead of sour cream and we enjoyed them.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl whisk together the yogurt, eggs, oil or butter and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients combining well.
- Heat pan to medium high to cook the pancakes with a combo of vegetable oil and butter.
- Use 1/3 cup measure to proportion the batter and end up with 8 uniform pancakes.
- Cook to a golden brown on one side and flip and cook the other side.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Yield: 8 pancakes
Double the recipe to serve more people.
8 thoughts on “Yogurt Pancakes”
Your pancakes look delicious! Take care, have a great weekend!
…I must say that I’m lazy, I used complete buttermilk mix!
If it gets the pancakes to a plate I say go for it!
Yum! Always a treat.
I love the idea of using yogurt, these look very tasty!
I’ve never heard of yogurt and syrup on pancakes before. Will have to give it a try. Your pancakes look delicious. Pancakes are my favorite breakfast.
These look delicious! Thanks for the recipe Ellen 🙂
Yum! I like to interchange yogurt and buttermilk. I’m one who can have pancakes for any meal. 🤍