Hello and welcome to my blog and another Hodgepodge.
I received an early Mother’s Day present from our kids this past weekend, the framed photo above. I love it and love them!
Time for another Wednesday Hodgepodge in which we answer the questions our hostess with the mostess organizes for us. Thank you Joyce From This Side of the Pond.
1. Did you watch the coronation of King Charles III? Share some of your thoughts about that, or about the royal family in general.
Yes, and I’m still trying to watch it all. I didn’t record it on our TV but was happy to find it on Brit Box. Love Prince William and family and hope they get to step in soon. Their family unit would be a nice model for the country. Not a fan of Charles and Camilla. Loved Sir Bryn Terfel and his solo in Welsh…amazing. Loved the head pieces that Princess Catherine and Charlotte wore. Prince George and Prince Louis were fun to watch. Looking forward to seeing more details. We were at our son and DIL’s home on Saturday morning and we enjoyed scones while we watched some of the event before we went out for the morning.
2. What are you the uncrowned queen of?
Uncrowned Queen of One Liners…
3. In a box of chocolates which one do you usually go for?
Dark chocolate with nuts or a mocha filling or caramel…
4. Something learned at your mother’s knee?
Belief in the one true LORD God almighty of the Bible.
5. ‘Like mother, like daughter’…in what way is this saying true for you?
Our mom was a true homemaker and sacrificed a lot to make home a place that was a good and peaceful place to be. I hope that is true of me, too.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
My dear Mom who was called up to heaven in September of 2013.
Dear’s dear Mom was called up to heaven in May of 1997. His father, Rex, was called up in October of 1985 a few months before our Katie was born.