February, I’m still cherishing the memories of January, so slow down. 🙂
The Hodgepodge is back for the start of February. Thank you Joyce, From This Side of the Pond!
1. Tell us anything you want about your January.
From January 13th until January 19th we had our DisneyCaliFam Vacation and it was packed with great interactions with our extended people! Twelve of us spent one day at Disneyland and a great birthday celebration dinner out at Orange Hill Restaurant and quiet times in our VRBO. Ten of us spent some hours with my siblings and our kids’ cousins in homes, at the beach and bowling alley. The two of us spent an afternoon and evening with my bestie from the 70’s. A rich time of relationship sharing and growing.
All of these peeps are ‘Moisi and Nadia’s People’.
2. Lake Superior State University posts a list each year of words they think should be banished from the Queen’s English for misuse, overuse, and/or general uselessness. The 2023 list includes GOAT, inflection point, quiet quitting, gaslighting, moving forward, amazing, Does that make sense?, irregardless, absolutely, and it is what it is.
Which of these words/phrases do you use regularly?
Which of these words would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why?
It is what it is…because it is more than it is. LOL!
Is there a word/phrase not on the list you’d like to add?
Racist, because lately it is used to gaslight people.
3. February 2nd is Groundhog Day. What’s something that feels repeated in your life right now?
Waking up to snow on the ground that has not melted.
4. What’s a food you love that’s named after a place?
Mexican food is my comfort food, but I think maybe you want us to be more specific. I do enjoy a good Boston Cream Pie and how about German Chocolate Cake. Now I’m on a roll since I just remembered Belgian Waffles, French Toast, oh, and our family favorite, Swedish Pancakes!
5. What’s the best season of the year to visit your city or your part of the country? Tell us why.
Fall is a wonderful time to visit our area. Not too hot, not too cold, and full of beautiful color.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We planned our time for our DisneyCaliFam Vacation this past November in lieu of Christmas gifts. Our time in California also spanned 3 birthdays, Jamie’s, Dan’s and Josh’s. Gifts were purchased for the birthday ‘kids’ at Disneyland. Meals were paid for to celebrate the three of them while we were in California. They each got Birthday badges to wear at Disneyland. Addy and JJ got their Disneyland 1st Time Visitor Badges. Special times with memories to store.
Looking forward to catching up with Hodgepodgers!