…there are still favorites. Things to be thankful for that shine through no matter what. I’m joining Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for Friday’s Fave Five.
1. January is a big birthday month at our house. Joshua’s birthday was on Sunday. We celebrated earlier in the month and the photo above was part of our celebration. Our Son Dan’s birthday was on the 16th and his girlfriend’s birthday was on the 15th. This year we celebrated Dan from afar while he celebrated in Eastern Washington. My brother Tim celebrated his birthday and our niece Hope will celebrate her birthday on Saturday. We love to celebrate our loved ones and that’s my first favorite this week.
Our son Dan and his girlfriend Jamie
2. My dear old pop has been having a hard time with a lot of shoulder pain and when he’s in so much pain he misses my mom even more. I was happy to see this photo of him with my niece Melissa enjoying a meal out and looking so alive and pain free. He has been feeling better and the pain with medication has been more manageable. I’m so thankful my father’s pain has been relieved.
3. We’ve been in quite a foggy overcast pattern here in the Puget Sound area. The afternoons where the sun finally broke through were another favorite of mine this week.
4. An early morning walk with Dear on Saturday was a blessing. It’s always good to get out and get some exercise in the Winter when we tend to want to stay inside and be couch potatoes. We were treated to some Eagle sightings.
5. Another favorite is visiting my bloggy friends each week. This week one of my favorite posts was this one from Gumbo Lily. I love seeing how other people live in different environments than my own and thrive “Day by Day”.
What were your favorites this week?
Update: I posted this last night and this morning I woke up to beautiful clear skies and amazing sunshine! Woohoo!
I’ve missed a few weeks of Friday’s Fave Five because of Christmas and all but I’m getting back to it now. Thank you to Susanne at Living to tell the Story for hosting this event each Friday. Click on the logo above to join in…
1. Fresh flowers in the winter are such a treat. Our winters can be pretty dark so it’s so nice when the sun shines and brightens things up.
2. Our very cold and clear weather has afforded us some beautiful sunrises and sunsets. Sunrises are easier to see from inside my warm house then sunsets. This is a Sunrise…
3. Lots of good food has been cooked and eaten around here. These were the lamb chops we had on New Year’s Eve with a pepper cream sauce.
4. Dear’s new smoker is becoming a favorite around here. Dear has smoked ribs, a Prime Rib Roast, and Pork Roasts in it already.
5. This last one is therapy I purchased for myself for $1.60. When I was little I always wished I’d get a package of Life Savers like this for Christmas. I saw them at the store and then saw kids at church who were flaunting them on Christmas morning. I never got one. When I was at the store this week there they were…a whole table of them for half-price. I stood there looking, then I picked one up and opened it to check the flavors of the rolls inside. I almost walked away and then I decided it was time to lay the wanting to rest and I threw one in the cart with a smile on my face and walked away. Ahhh…I’m free from that deprivation in my childhood!
6. This is an extra. Our daughter Katie was feeling ill at the beginning of the week and we were afraid it was appendicitis but it ended up being a kidney infection that could be treated with antibiotics and she’s feeling a whole lot better. Yesterday a bag of groceries tore and a large bottle of juice landed on my big toe. Boy was I in a lot of pain and I thought it was broken but it’s feeling so much better today.
I’m looking forward to catching up with all of you this week…
Photobucket replaced all my photos with ugly black and grey boxes and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.
Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is hosting Fave Five for Friday. Here’s what she says…
“Hope you play along. It’s very simple. Just list your favorite five things from the week. It can be anything from jokes to music to food. It’s a fun way to get to know more about each other and maybe make new friends, find new blogs or new things to try. Expand our world’s a bit. Make it as detailed as you like, but the more detail the more fun! Don’t forget to link to this site and sign the Mr. Linky so I can come and read your favorites.”
For my Fave Five this week, I’ll start with Sunday the last day of August and move forward.
1. Sunday we traveled 3-1/2 hours northeast of our condo to attend an Engagement party for my cousin’s son and his fiance. Lots of photos from the event are here.
2. Too tired to cook after all that fun Sunday on Monday (Labor Day) we tried an Italian Restaurant in Old Camarillo for the first time and had a nice experience.
3. Walking each morning for an hour with Willow from Willow’s Cottage and pushing ourselves up the hills and seeing these sights.
4. I shared a meditation I read by John Piper this week. You can read what I posted here. This was one of my favorite parts on running the race… “The finish line is crossed in the end, not by a burst of human energy, but by collapsing into the arms of God.”
5. My last favorite thing from this week was watching Piper Palin while her mother was giving her speech. Priceless moments. This little girl was meant for the stage! :0) You can see a You tube of part of these fabulous moments here at Light Came. OH! You’ve got to click over to Bloggin daz and see Angie who is a amazing look-a-like of Sarah Palin.
For more Fave Five on Friday visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
Photobucket is holding all my photos that I posted on my blog from 2007-2015 hostage and replaced them with big black and grey boxes with threats. So discouraging…as I’m slowly trying to clean up thousands of posts!