It’s that time of the week when it’s good to look back and consider the good things that have happened. Friday’s Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. Click on over to join in this worthwhile exercise.
I enjoy this time of year… the end of summer and the beginning of Fall. I like the new order that Fall brings to my life.
1. Church was all a buzz on Sunday with the launching of all the Fall programs.
2. Women’s Bible Study started on Tuesday morning and I’m excited about the study on the Parables. I’m new to this group/church but I was put in a group with a friend from my past. We were bleacher/sideline buddies because our boys played soccer together in high school. It was great to see her and to catch up a little on Josh and David’s lives. The guys are in their 30’s now…
3. We have our wedding planner assigned for Katie’s wedding and we are looking forward to meeting with her about the details and having a food tasting with the chefs.
4. Woohoo I cleaned out my pantry! The benefit of that is that there were a few items that I really needed to use up before they were way too old for human consumption so I’ve been creative in the kitchen this week. We’ve had home cooked meals way too many nights in a row. Thankfully we are going out tonight.
5. I finished reading the Penderwicks book series by Jeanne Birdsall that I really enjoyed and am now reading a series by Gail R. Fraser about the little town of Lumby.
Before I sign off head over to Mennonite Girls Can Cook on Friday for the recipe to put this pasta salad together.
Hope you all had a good week. I hope to get around and see what has been happening in your neck of the woods…
Time to take a deep breath and consider some wonderful things that happened in the past week. Visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story to join in this great exercise. Here are 5 of my favorites…
1. The evening shadows and sunshine that are so soft in late summer. We opened the door to the deck and enjoyed the lovely breeze.
2. Starting up in a new Bible Study on Tuesdays. I signed up for a Kay Arthur Precepts study and I’m looking forward to digging in again and meeting with a group of women each week who are digging, too.
3. Watching my daughter deep clean and get rid of clutter in her room. She’s purging a lot of stuff that just doesn’t fit in her life anymore.
4. Entering a new dimension with our middle son who called to wish his dad a happy birthday and to chat at 5:30 a.m. last Saturday. When we got off the phone I couldn’t help but chuckle thinking this never would of happened in his previous 28 years!
5. Getting some projects completed and having success in some shopping goals this week!
Photobucket replaced all my photos with ugly black and grey boxes and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.
Friday was our last day of Bible Study till Fall and table leaders were asked to decorate their tables in a Summer Theme. Since there is a lot of blue in my table I decided to share it for Blue Monday. To see more Blue Monday posts visit Smiling Sally who’s busy packing up her house for her move!!
Here’s a collage of some of the other summer tables from Friday. Wow can you believe this Monday is June 1st!!
Happy Blue and Happy June everyone!
Photobucket is holding all my photos that I stored on their site from 2007-2015 hostage replacing them with ugly grey and black boxes and asking for a large ransom to retrieve them. It is a slow process to go through all my posts deleting the ugly boxes.
Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. On Saturday Dear and I opted for a hike instead of a beach walk because of high tides. We drove to Sycamore Canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains to hike up to Scenic Point. On the way we stopped on Pacific Coast Highway to watch some Dolphins swimming and breaching the surface of the water. So cool. This hike really gets our hearts pumping and it’s good for us.
2. The skies have been less than boring this past week in Southern California. I always love to see cloud formations and I was rewarded this week with fun skies.
3. I added the photo of the path from our hike to single out another favorite this week. Our church, Bible Studies, Small Groups are all on a 40 day journey together that we started on Ash Wednesday. We are setting aside 15 minutes a day for 6 days a week to reflect on what it means to follow Jesus. It has been a blessing already. Dear and I are hosting a small group every Sunday where we discuss what we’ve learned and encourage each other to continue our journey with Jesus.
4. So I was brave enough to show a photo of me working out on the Bowflex. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise but I always feel so much better when I put in the effort.
5. You have to look really really close and even with my prompt you might not see the sweet Hummingbird that Willow and I saw on our walk yesterday. So what does that have to do with favorites? My favorite thing any week is seeing and appreciating what God has created for us to enjoy. When I’m out walking or hiking I love that God has opened my eyes to appreciate His wonderful creation.
Oh and next Friday…my favorites are going to be all about the great Northwest because I travel to Seattle on Saturday to spend a week with my kiddos!
Click on over to Susanne’s to see or join in on posting your favorites from the week.
Photobucket is holding all my photos I stored with them from 2007-2015 hostage unless I pay them a lot of money. I’m slowly cleaning up many posts from this time period and deleting their ugly grey and black boxes with a ransom request. Such a time consuming bother.
It’s time for Fave Five for Friday. If you want to play along visit Susanne at Living to tell the Story. Here are my favorites since last Friday.
1. Starting with Saturday I have two favorites. The first was a return to the beach with Dear for our early morning Saturday walks at Emma Wood State Beach in Ventura, California. We were there at 6:30 A.M. and we saw a lot of birds…
2. After our walk we got ready to drive south for a family get-together to visit with my brother Leonard, his wife Mandy and their new daughter Hope. She’s 7 months old and they all live in Dallas so it’s a wonderful event when they come to Southern California for all of us to get our fix!
3. This made me laugh out loud on Monday when I listened to this You-Tube on Mighty Mom’s site. Click here and give a listen. It’s only about 23 seconds long…
No – I don’t think it’s for real but it still is so darn funny!!
4. Dear turned 55 on Tuesday and a highlight of the week was celebrating Him and celebrating with him at a nice Steak house close to us.
5. Today I’m headed to a planning meeting for our new year of Women’s Bible Study. This year I’ll be a table leader so I’m looking forward to the discipline and the friendships that I’ll form with the ladies at my table. We’re studying Grace.
For more Fave Five head over to Susanne’s and consider joining in. Blessings…