Welcome to Friday’s Fave Five hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
1. On Saturday Dear and I opted for a hike instead of a beach walk because of high tides. We drove to Sycamore Canyon in the Santa Monica Mountains to hike up to Scenic Point. On the way we stopped on Pacific Coast Highway to watch some Dolphins swimming and breaching the surface of the water. So cool. This hike really gets our hearts pumping and it’s good for us.
2. The skies have been less than boring this past week in Southern California. I always love to see cloud formations and I was rewarded this week with fun skies.
3. I added the photo of the path from our hike to single out another favorite this week. Our church, Bible Studies, Small Groups are all on a 40 day journey together that we started on Ash Wednesday. We are setting aside 15 minutes a day for 6 days a week to reflect on what it means to follow Jesus. It has been a blessing already. Dear and I are hosting a small group every Sunday where we discuss what we’ve learned and encourage each other to continue our journey with Jesus.
4. So I was brave enough to show a photo of me working out on the Bowflex. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise but I always feel so much better when I put in the effort.
5. You have to look really really close and even with my prompt you might not see the sweet Hummingbird that Willow and I saw on our walk yesterday. So what does that have to do with favorites? My favorite thing any week is seeing and appreciating what God has created for us to enjoy. When I’m out walking or hiking I love that God has opened my eyes to appreciate His wonderful creation.
Oh and next Friday…my favorites are going to be all about the great Northwest because I travel to Seattle on Saturday to spend a week with my kiddos!
Click on over to Susanne’s to see or join in on posting your favorites from the week.
Photobucket is holding all my photos I stored with them from 2007-2015 hostage unless I pay them a lot of money. I’m slowly cleaning up many posts from this time period and deleting their ugly grey and black boxes with a ransom request. Such a time consuming bother.