It’s that time of the week when it’s good to look back and consider the good things that have happened. Friday’s Fave Five is hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. Click on over to join in this worthwhile exercise.
I enjoy this time of year… the end of summer and the beginning of Fall. I like the new order that Fall brings to my life.
1. Church was all a buzz on Sunday with the launching of all the Fall programs.
2. Women’s Bible Study started on Tuesday morning and I’m excited about the study on the Parables. I’m new to this group/church but I was put in a group with a friend from my past. We were bleacher/sideline buddies because our boys played soccer together in high school. It was great to see her and to catch up a little on Josh and David’s lives. The guys are in their 30’s now…
3. We have our wedding planner assigned for Katie’s wedding and we are looking forward to meeting with her about the details and having a food tasting with the chefs.
4. Woohoo I cleaned out my pantry! The benefit of that is that there were a few items that I really needed to use up before they were way too old for human consumption so I’ve been creative in the kitchen this week. We’ve had home cooked meals way too many nights in a row. Thankfully we are going out tonight.
5. I finished reading the Penderwicks book series by Jeanne Birdsall that I really enjoyed and am now reading a series by Gail R. Fraser about the little town of Lumby.
Before I sign off head over to Mennonite Girls Can Cook on Friday for the recipe to put this pasta salad together.
Hope you all had a good week. I hope to get around and see what has been happening in your neck of the woods…