This collage above is from a first day of school in Ventura, California back in 1985 and a first day of school in Bothell, Washington in the very early 90’s.
Jo From This Side of the Pond asks the questions and here are my answers this week. Thank you, Jo!
1. As we begin this brand new month tell us, on a scale of 1-10, where does your life fall in terms of being in ‘apple pie order’? Please elaborate. (1=nowhere near it, 10=practically perfect in every way)
Yikes, perfect and neatness. That’s a tall order. The only thing I’ll attribute to perfection in my life is that I am perfectly forgiven and saved by Jesus Christ my Perfect Savior and Lord. I’m thankful for that position in this life and for what it means in the next. On a physical not spiritual level I’d say I’m about a 6. Most places in our home are tidy enough for surprise drop ins. I’d need a couple days notice to get everything perfect in every way! Outside in my flower beds, etc. I’d need a month to get things perfect!!
2. An apple a day keeps the doctor away…are you doing your part?
Not an apple but our new daily regimen since the Ch*na V started it’s spread is a multi-vitamin, vitamin D3, vitamin C, Zinc, Quercetin, and we just added N-Acetyl Cysteine.
Red or green?
Sweet or tart?
Like them both.
Ever played the game Apples to Apples?
Do you like apple pie?
If so, ala mode or just gimme the pie?
As my dear old Pop used to say he’d like his “pie alamo”
3. Tell us about a time recently where you ‘upset the apple cart’ or the last time someone ‘upset your apple cart’?
A good true quote is something that ‘upsets my apple cart’ in a constructive way. Here’s one that makes me ponder, “Nothing is more deceitful than pride. We are inclined to believe anything about ourselves if it is favorable.” From a commentary on 1 Corinthians.
And from Spurgeon: “My own weakness makes me shrink, but God’s promise makes me brave. Lord, strengthen me according to Your Word.”
4. What are three words that come to mind when you think of September?
School because traditionally school started in September. Birthday because Dear’s birthday is in September. Fall/Autumn because this great season of the year starts in September.
5. What are you most looking forward to this month?
Our road trip to North Carolina and Dallas. Those are the two destinations in our 20 day trek that involve seeing some of our loved ones! Technically we won’t be in Dallas until October.
6. Insert your own random thought here.