If it’s Wednesday it must be Hodgepodge. Jo From This Side of the Pond is coming in like a lion with these questions for the first Wednesday in March.
1. Is March coming in like a lion where you live?
So far March is not coming in like a lion here in the northeastern corner of Washington state.
Aslan, Simba, Elsa, The Cowardly Lion…your favorite ‘famous’ lion?
Aslan is my favorite lion introduced in the Narnia series of books by C.S. Lewis.
When a young girl from America wrote C.S. Lewis a letter asking what name Aslan used in our world, he replied:
“As to Aslan’s other name, well, I want you to guess. Has there been anyone in this world who
- Arrived at the same time as Father Christmas?
- Said he was the Son of the Great Emperor?
- Gave himself for someone else’s fault to be jeered at and killed by wicked people?
- Came to life again?
- Is someone spoken of as a lamb?
Don’t you really know His name in this world? Think it over and let me know your answer.”
2. In what way do you ‘march to the beat of your own drum’?
I don’t wait around for my dear husband to plan special events for us. I’m more of a planner and schemer and he is perfectly happy to enjoy and pay for my schemes. This has worked well in our relationship. He’s happy for most of the roads we’ve traveled because I plow ahead.
3. What item that you don’t have already, would you most like to own? Any chance of that happening soon?
The only thing that I can come up with that seems a little alluring in times like these is a very small self contained camping vehicle. Maybe something like this…
Something that is easier to drive than a huge motorhome. There is no chance of this happening soon or ever.
4. March is National Flour Month…are you a baker? Cookies-cakes-or pies…your favorite sweet treat to bake?
I like to bake cookies and cakes…not pies.
What’s the last non-sweet thing you made that called for flour?
5. There are 31 days in the month of March…where were you and what were you doing when you were 31? If you haven’t hit that milestone yet, then tell us where you were and what you were doing 31 months ago? (if math is not your thing, that would be August 3, 2018)
I’ve hit that milestone 2 times over. When I was 31 our two sons were 3 and 1. I was busy being a full time mother/homemaker. We were living in our second home in Huntington Beach, California. We lived around the corner from my sister Vera and her husband Nick. They also had two children who were 6 and 4. Lots of fun cousin times happened in Huntington Beach. We all attended the same church, Huntington Beach E.V. Free. Before I was a full-time mother/homemaker I was an elementary school teacher in the Montebello Unified School District east of Los Angeles.
This photo was taken at Forest Home Christian Camp in California. We signed up for a work weekend at the camp over Mother’s Day in 1982. We worked on various projects to get the camp ready for summer camping season. Dear’s folks came up and shared a Mother’s Day lunch that the camp provided on Sunday of the weekend. I am 31 in this photo.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Here’s a real lion. I took this photo at the zoo in Dallas, I think.