I saw this soup in a grocery store magazine and the ingredients sounded good so I made a smaller portion for my husband and me. I had Bucatini on hand and used that instead of spaghetti. Regular spaghetti or angel hair pasta would be easier to manage in this great flavored soup. Don’t forget the lemon zest, it really adds a nice finish to the soup.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped, fresh parsley (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large soup pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onion and mushrooms seasoning with a little salt and pepper, cooking and stirring occasionally until soft, 8-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and spaghetti, increasing the heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a gentle boil and cook until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, peas and half and half, and cook until heated through.
- Just before serving, stir in the lemon zest, Parmesan, and parsley.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
9 thoughts on “Chicken Tetrazzini Soup”
…I love chicken soup, should try this.
Looks yummy, I love most soups. Have a great weekend!
Great way to use leftover chicken
I’m always interested in a new soup recipe. This sounds delicious.
That looks delicious. I like a good soup!!
That sounds really good.
Yum! This is on the list now, thanks Ellen!
Love the sound of the soup. I’ll give it a try. B x
This recipe makes me hungry!