Wowie Zowie!! So many favorites especially since I missed last week. Thank you Susanne for hosting this great weekly event. Visit Living to Tell the Story to join in.
1. Thanksgiving weekend is one of my favorite times of the year. We usually have my brother Tim and his wife Letty stay with us which adds to the fun. Our wonderful friends Dave and Jody invite my family and any extended family that happen to be in the Northwest to their house for a large Thanksgiving gathering. This has gone on for 20 years give or take a couple…
Tim & Letty ~ Judy (Dave’s mom) my BIL Steve and my sister Lana ~ Dear carving the turkey ~ Jamie, Bridget, Lucy (Dave and Jody’s daughters) Laura and Katie (our daughters)
2. The day after Thanksgiving the girls had a great time shopping at Goodwill and going to Tea. (I’ll be posting lots of photos from the Tea Room next week)
SIL Letty, Katie B.(daughter) , Katy K. (Good friend of Katie B’s), Ellen b., Lana G! (my sister), Wilma (my DIL’s grandmother), Pat (my DIL’s mother), Laura my DIL.
3. On Saturday my son Josh and I flew/drove to New Mexico via Arizona and Texas to see my son Dan and to attend his graduation. It was so good to be there and to spend time together. While we were there we visited the Carlsbad Caverns which are AHHH Mazing! Wouldn’t you know that we would bring some snow to Sun Country. Our route back to El Paso where we were due to fly out of on Tuesday was impassable because they shut down the pass that goes through the Guadalupe mountains. We had to do some fast talking and got a flight out of Albuquerque instead. Since all the graduation festivities were over we checked out of our hotel early and drove 4 hours to Albuquerque found a hotel room next to the airport. We were very thankful that the road north was clear. There was snow on the ground next to the highway but no snow on the road.
4. This photo of my grandniece in the hat I bought her is one of my favorites this week, too. She is so sweet…
5. Thursday was my Daughter in Love’s birthday. She is definitely one of my favorites.
6. Bonus Favorite! ~ “I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice and my pleas for mercy. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.” Ps. 116:1-2
Over and over in my life God has shown His love to me in big and small ways. There are always things on the back burner that I’m “waiting” for Him to work out in my life. This past week He has shown me His mercy and grace again in my children’s lives and my life. I’m overwhelmed at times at His goodness to me and my family. Some of that goodness has come through very difficult times. On Sunday Dear and I celebrate 35 years of being married. It has not been difficult being married to Dear but we together have gone through difficult things. I thank God for the good the bad and the ugly! :0)
Looking forward to seeing what your favorites are this week. See you soon…
Photobucket is holding all my photos that I stored on their site from 2007-2015 hostage replacing them with ugly grey and black boxes and asking for a large ransom to retrieve them. It is a slow process to go through all my posts deleting the ugly boxes.