If it’s Wednesday it must be time for Hodgepodge. Click over to Joyce’s blog to join in the fun.
1. Is Halloween a big deal in your neighborhood?
We live out in the country with homes far apart. We do not get trick or treaters. There are some homes decorated for Halloween. Our kids come by all dressed up which is fun. Our church puts on a Fall Fest Trunk or Treat that our grands will go to this year. Last year because it was the only thing happening in town and we had over a thousand people show up. That’s a lot for a town of 5000.
Was it something you celebrated as a child?
Yes we went around our neighborhood with pillow cases for bags. It seemed like the whole neighborhood was out and most houses gave out candy. We enjoyed sorting our candy when we got home. Our father would accompany us.
With your own children?
Yes, we enjoyed Trick or Treating with our kids and seeing all our neighbors.
Do you like candy corn?
2. Are you a scaredy cat? About what?
I’m a scaredy cat about driving in snow or icy conditions.
3. Last time you were somewhere that should have been busy but felt like a ‘ghost town’?
Nothing rings a bell.
4. Do you like chili and if so how do you like it?
Funny you should mention it but I made a pot of turkey chili Tuesday.
Beans or no beans?
Yes, we like to add black beans and a can of Pinto Chili Beans
Meat or no meat?
Beef or chicken?
Beef, chicken or ground turkey
Spice or no spice?
Yes, jalapenos and chili and cumin.
5. Would you describe yourself as a night owl? What time of night qualifies? What are you doing while everyone else is asleep? Do you then ‘sleep in’? Define ‘sleeping in’.
Not a night owl.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Our son Josh was able to fly down to our nephew-in-law’s father’s memorial service last week. These are some of our nieces, nephews and our son together at the memorial. We couldn’t attend but were glad that Josh could be there in person to represent our family and to support Lenny and his family as they grieve.
Love each other, stay together.