What a week we’ve had in Seattle. Here are my favorites in no particular order.
1. Enjoying our home team winning the Super Bowl! There’s something so rich about unbridled joy.
2. Being able to replace our older dishwasher with a new one installed without a hitch.
3. Some clear skies albeit quite chilly for us here in Western Washington. We were in the teens today and we never made it over freezing on our hill. It’s so dry and cold that my first touch on light switches and my computer buttons sends a little shock through my fingers…”electric”.
4. Hearing some good news from Andrew in Afghanistan is always a favorite.
5. Talking to my pop and hearing hope in his voice. We bought him a recliner that he is really enjoying and I found this photo from the late 1960’s of him in a recliner that makes me smile. This photo was taken on Christmas day in the afternoon after our lunch and before we headed back to Sunday night services…
What are your favorites this week?
You can join us at Living to Tell the Story for this weekly event that Susanne hosts.
Our dishwasher was over 10 years old and it started making noises and wasn’t pumping out all the water so we knew it was time to investigate something new. We ordered a new dishwasher and the service man came on Tuesday to take the old one out and replace it with our new one.
Out with the Maytag and in with the Miele.
I think we’ll be happy with our choice.
So much excitement around our town. Katie and I did not make it down to Seattle on Wednesday because my throat was acting up and it was cold. Traffic was gridlocked and they are saying that over 700,000 fans gathered downtown to welcome home the Seattle Seahawks and their Lombardy trophy. Here’s what our outdoor thermometer registered…
That’s cold for the Seattle area! We sat and watched all the T.V. coverage of the parade and the welcome home rally at Century Link Field in our warm family room. Dear went into Seattle before the sun was up and came home with his work computer before the parade road closures started. That was a smart move as he made it home smoothly instead of being stuck in a traffic nightmare with 700,000 people trying to get out of Seattle after the parade.
I found a few more fun photos from our Super Bowl Sunday celebration.
So much fun!
Needless to say my Wednesday was a wash. I did manage to feed the three of us two meals. I also used my time sitting in front of the T.V. scanning more old photos. I’m glad I have something to show for Wednesday. How did your Wednesday go?
We had such a fun time at church this morning. Wish you could have been there.
Two of our pastors squared off head to head in a sermon duel. They both spoke about underdogs in the Bible with a different person from the Bible’s story in each of the 4 quarters of the sermon time. There was even a referee to call penalties on them. So much fun with a clear message of God’s care for us and the Gospel shining through.
Loved this Bible cover…NFL = New Found Life!
God is greater than…any other God.
4th quarter our lead pastor ended the game pointing our eyes to Jesus…who…
The final score was…
The pastors were both real good sports. In the end Wolfgang could not bear wearing that Broncos jersey and stripped it off to reveal his Seahawks Jersey. It’s hard to be wearing Orange in the greater Seattle area on this particular Sunday. Whoever wins today it’s been so much fun enjoying the electricity of the 12th man.
We had our photo op picked up our skittles and headed home to get ready for the big game.
We’ve got the 12th man drinks going and the 12th man chair all ready.
This is what we are eating during the commercials! Football is not our life but we are having fun today enjoying all the hype and cheering loud for our team.
Are you watching or are you happily avoiding the game?
Update: We are so glad that our Seahawks will bring their first Super Bowl trophy home!