A while back, I had one ripe banana and wanted to find a recipe that would work using it. This is what I came up with. It turned out lighter, more moist, and fluffier than banana bread. That was my husbands analysis! Delicious!
- 4 oz. of sour cream
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/8 Cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the sour cream, butter and sugar until blended.
- Add egg, beating well.
- Add the banana and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda;
- Gradually add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Combine topping ingredients; add half to batter.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.