The food that my brother Leonard reminded me to take a photo of, steak, corn on the cob, pasta salad and veggie salad.
Trifle for dessert with red, white and blue highlights!
Katie and Andrew…
Katie, Andrew, Hope and little Andrew!
Hope and Andrew’s parents! They live in Texas.
My brother Steve and Dear. Steve and Kelly live in Southern California.
We broke the 4th of July heat record here in the Seattle area…92. Too hot to do much of anything but hydrate! Our town does not allow fireworks so our guests moved over to my sister’s house across the way from us when darkness approached. Her house happens to be in a city that does allow personal fireworks.
We’re getting ready to watch the Women’s World Cup Final Game now…go U.S.A.!
How was your weekend?
Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is our hostess for Friday’s Fave Five. Think back over this last week and come up with 5 favorites. For us in the Pacific Northwest Summer arrived with a vengeance this week. We had cool rainy weather since the 1st day of summer and then after our outdoor barbecues to celebrate the 4th of July we finally got sunshine and record breaking heat. I for one am hoping we return to our mild nice sunshiny summer temps of 75-80 degrees soon. But I’m getting way too wordy so here’s my five…
1. Walking the trail with my sister Lana and seeing great flowers growing wild and spotting the first Blue Heron I’ve ever seen on the trail. I’ve been walking the trail for over 6 years! Saturday was Lana’s first time on the trail.
2. Putting out the Patio furniture. We put the furniture out on July 4th a few hours before our guests arrived.
3. Having our traditional 4th of July barbecue with friends and family.
4. My hydrangea blooming it’s color for me to enjoy from my kitchen window.
5. Soccer, soccer, soccer! I love my morning CUP of World Cup Soccer. I’m going to miss it since the final is this Sunday. Sunday will be a full soccer day with watching World Cup and then heading to Qwest field for a Seattle Sounders game against FC Dallas at 7:30.
What were some of your favorite events or things from this last week?
Photobucket replaced all my photos with ugly black and grey boxes and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.