Here’s another great Summer salad.
- 1 cup cucumber chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas (garbanzo), drained, rinsed.
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted, sliced
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced (you can substitute red onion here)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Combine the cucumbers, tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, scallions, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Whisk together lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt, and pepper for the vinaigrette in a bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil into lemon juice mixture in a steady stream while whisking, after it emulsifies stir in mint and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour over the combined ingredients and mix well.
Double the recipe if you are serving this as a main dish. This recipe would serve 2 as a main dish.
As a side it serves 4-6 people.
I used the whole English Cucumber for the salad pictured above which was probably 2 cups or more of the cucumber.