We are dry and cold for a few days here in the Seattle area.
We’ve had some significant frost the last couple mornings. The heat has been on all day.
Today I’m working on one of my two remaining recipes that need to be completed for our new cookbook. Josh and Laura will help us partake in the finished product. It’s going to be a very fancy Saturday lunch! Here’s hoping the photos are right the first time around.
I tried to find a red poppy to be able to wear for Remembrance Day and didn’t have any luck. I guess I should have started looking earlier on line.
Today is the 10th day of November. Here are 10 specific things that I haven’t mentioned before that I am thankful to God for this month.
1. My husband who works hard and lets me spend the money he makes without complaining.
2. Being able to buy ingredients for meals and sharing those meals.
3. Fall crisp clear beautiful mornings that make me praise God.
4. My parents who are still alive and thriving with gratitude to God.
5. Girlfriends who pray for me.
6. Northshore Baptist Church and all they do for our community.
7. Our small group with 13 very unique individuals who care for each other.
8. Electricity and gas that powers everything we need for our comfort.
9. Grocery stores with their shelves stocked to the brim with everything we need.
10. My bloggy friends who share creative and encouraging things for me to see and read.
Hope your weekend is a thankful one! Blessings…
Don’t miss these fun treats over at MGCC today!
9 thoughts on “Veteren’s Day Weekend”
Good luck with your fancy meal today! I am so looking forward to the end result of all those “celebrations”!!
I am thankful for you Ellen – you always are one of the first to make encouraging comments on my posts and I hope to someday meet you face to face – you and all the MGCC ladies have inspired me in more ways than you’ll ever know!
Oh, I wish I could come for lunch!! 🙂 Ditto to Rosella’s comment. I do appreciate you so much!
AND I am thankful for you! Your love for Jesus and those He has brought into your life gives joy and rest. “Out of the great sea of Middle Earth I am come. In this place I will abide until the end of the earth.”
Oh a fancy meal…can’t wait to perhaps get a wee glimpse of it. I suppose that it is “top secret” though. Enjoy!
God bless the Marines!!! Hoo rah!
Beautiful photos as the colors change…and I love your 10 favorites. It,s so wonderful for you to share positive things. We need to hear that message.
A wonderful list from a greatful heart!
I hope your fancy meal went well and the photographs turned out. The new cookbook sounds delightful!
The caramel grapes on the blog today sound perfect for little mouths and hands (along with bigger ones).
Hope your photo shoot was successful Ellen,
I too am so grateful for the crisp fall days, for healthy grandchildren, for good friends and wonderful family. For health and abundance and the ability and opportunity to share. For peace and stability in my country and above all for a God that loves me, guides me and hears my prayers..