It’s time to visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and share 5 favorite things from the past week. A good time to reflect on good things in the midst of troubled times around the globe.
1. Laura, Katie and I had a great afternoon at the Sounders soccer game last Saturday. It was good to catch up on what had been going on in our lives.
2. I had to give myself a pat on the back for harvesting the apples off our tree to make some applesauce that I’ll be able to use over the next year for some of our favorite recipes.
3. I’ve also been picking, using and freezing our great harvest of blueberries. I’ve made a couple blueberry dishes in the last week including Blueberry Clafouti.
4. My daughter Katie and I finally took a walk on the river trail. We both needed the exercise and it was a great accomplishment for the week.
5. Enjoying our sweet peas, hydrangea, and lavender blooms in flower arrangements in the home. Lovely!
6. We are finally enjoying sunny dry days that make it seem more like summer here in the Pacific Northwest. This has been a nice relief.
Are you still enjoying your Summer or are you ready for Fall?
16 thoughts on “FFF ~ Lazy Days of Summer”
Gorgeous lovely summer things. Those sweetpeas are sweet indeed.
Beautiful photos! Posted to https://www.facebook.com/SequimLavender.
Good for you for making applesauce from your own apples. Things always taste better homemade from your own produce. I’m wishing our grapes had matured properly this year so I could have made grape jelly. But they didn’t. Sigh.
I adore the flowers. So beautiful. Enjoy your weekend! Ours might be a little cooler—highs in the low 90s and lows around 70—so we will enjoy that.
Ready for FALL :-)).
Hello Ellen B, thanks for commenting…hee hee!
It looks like another lovely week in your neck of the woods…as always, but I’m glad you’re enjoying sunshine too. Our days are very warm and I’m looking forward to fall.
Oh! I just bought a new Pentax and love it, but still need to figure out ow to use the thing ;-O. Do you know of a source where you can pick up spare batteries for next to nothing?
xoxo cori g.
What a lovely photo collage! I love the flowers in the blue and white pitcher.
Good for you, making your own applesauce! I love to put up blueberries, so nice to have on hand for a quick cobbler.
I’m ready for fall, but it won’t be here in S. Florida for another 4 months, probably!
Are those redheads in that lovely picture? Love it! And your flowers are just beautiful. Someday I’ll have flowers I can step outside the door and cut to bring in…
OH. .that last picture is so pretty. Good job on getting that applesauce done. It sure does feel good to do something like that.
Sounds like you’ve had some wonderful summer days! Its a great time of year to enjoy the blueberries.
No…I’m not even a little bit ready for fall. I’m lovin’ this late-coming summer!
It looks like you had a great week…filled with sweet things!
I does feel so satisfying to preserve fruits and veggies! I’m not ready for fall yet; though it’s my favorite season. I’d like to spend a little more time in the yard and doing fun things before the school season begins.
I think you had a great week….thanks for sharing your ‘5’.
Seems you had been a busy bee !
Blueberry Clafouti sounds like such a wonderful idea, I think I’ll try that one of these days. I’ll have to get the blueberries at the supermarket though! I love that picture of the basket with the apples in it, it looks as though you’ve had a good harvest!
Love those photos, especially the flowers. I miss my hydrangea bush from my old house. I need to see if we can plant one here.
How neat to be able to harvest your own apples and blueberries!
Before I read a word I wanted some of that blueberry clafouti!
You made some great things this week. Your kitchen must be the best room in the house.
The flowers are lovely, too. That little pitcher makes the perfect vase.
I’m glad you had some special time with your beautiful girls.
You’re enjoying making some wonderful memories with Katie :0
Sweet little vase of flowers. Glad you enjoyed your river walk.