It’s time to find blessings to share from this past week and then join in with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for Friday’s Fave Five!
This week is a sort of calm before the storm week for me. I’m getting random things done in anticipation of our B.C. ~ D.C. days coming up. Here are my favorites…
1. While sitting at my computer making my lists and getting things taken care of that need taking care of I see this bright spot in the distance in one of my neighbor’s yards.
2. Walking from the house to the garage to get last minute things for our daughters trip to Florida so she can spend a week with her husband before he leaves on his deployment we stop and enjoy the apple blossoms that are finally coming out in all their glory.
3. While trying to kill off the several hundred dandelions that are appearing with a vengeance in our yard I notice the hope of these blossoms on my azalea bush. Spring really is here…kind of.
4. While mowing the lawn and having to duck when I mow under the pear tree I thank God for these beautiful pear blossoms and the promise we have of pears appearing in the future.
5. While leaving my house in my car that is paid for with gas in the tank I thank God and then smile at my neighbor’s pansies. Pansies always make me smile and I’ve enjoyed them ever since I was little growing up in a low income area of Los Angeles.
Tomorrow Dear and I are headed to Canada to get together with all the Mennonite Girls Can Cook for a cookbook celebration party at Lovella’s. It will be fun to be together again and for our husbands to be there, too. I’ll be sharing more next week…
After Friday morning I don’t know when I’ll be on the computer again so have a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend!
Photobucket replaced all my photos with blurred out versions and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.