Thank you Susanne for hosting this weekly event! Click over to Living to Tell the Story to join in.
What a difference a year makes. The photos in my collage are from last October while we were still living in Southern California. An early morning walk at Emma Wood Beach with Dear. A walk at the Blueberry fields with Willow. Tea with Willow in Camarillo while she knits and Tea with my family in Fullerton when Avery was just a wee little baby. Good memories. If you are a knitter there’s an opportunity for you to donate some of your work for a great cause. Click over to Willow’s Cottage for the details. But hurry there’s a deadline.
Now for my favorites from this past week.
1. Monday’s Announcement about the Mennonite Girls Can Cook Cookbook coming out next Spring! We had to keep it under wraps for a long time and it was fun to finally have a press release and to be able to speak about it!
2. Tuesday night Josh, Laura and I attended an international friendly soccer game at Qwest field between Seattle Sounders F.C. and Chivas de Guadalajara a premier team from Mexico. There were so many Chivas fans there and it’s the first time I’ve been at a Sounders game where the opposing team cheered even louder then us. A very exciting game with music and announcements in Spanish. We were horrible hosts, though, because we whooped them 3 to 1.
3. Making an appointment for Katie’s first wedding dress shopping this Saturday. Katie, Laura, my sister Lana, Katie’s Maid of Honor Jamie and I are all going along for the fun. When I called to make the appointment the sweet gal said “Don’t forget to bring your camera”. Now that was music to my ears!
4. I over stressed the muscles in my right arm over the last month and have had a lot of pain and haven’t been able to do the simplest things with my right hand because of it. I asked for prayer at Bible Study and one of the gals there decided I needed to go see her muscle guy at an Athletic Institute and got on her phone right then and there and made me an appointment. This guy worked on my muscles from my back, shoulder, upper arm, etc. etc. and the results are amazing. I’ll be going back because the results are worth it. I don’t even know how much it cost because this gal took care of the fee for me. That was over the top generous of her!
5. Participating in a Bible study on the Book of Philippians has been really good. The main theme of the book is JOY in all circumstances because Christ is with us and because we can have the attitude that He had. That really is the key to everyday life and I like focusing on that every week.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Photobucket replaced all my photos with ugly black and grey boxes and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.