Rayna on our back deck last Saturday while we were dog sitting for our kids.
1. The Hodgepodge lands on National Dog Day this year (August 26th). Do you own a dog? Did you have a dog when you were growing up, or maybe some other kind of pet? Would you say you’re more of a dog person or a cat person? Neither is okay too : )
We do not own a dog. We just got done dog sitting for our kids this past Sunday. Neither Dear nor I had a dog growing up. Dear and his brother had parakeets, Poncho and Peppino. Our daughter had rats for a while, Fats and Pinkie. We were tricked into owning those rats. Our son and his best friend bought two rats, without asking, for a Science experiment at our house and then Katie fell in love with them so we had to keep them. Katie took good care of them and trained them to do a few tricks. Even when rats die it is very sad. Sigh.
Dear and I are neither cat or dog people.
Our son Dan on the right and his best friend Jamie on the left were the junior highers who bought those rats for their science experiment. These three guys have been good friends since elementary school. Jamie with his son David Daniel, Joshua and Daniel with his son Jaymison Joshua. Names for their sons that honor this friendship.
2. Last time you felt ‘dog tired’?
If I have to do yard work when temps are above 90 I get dog tired.
3. It’s said you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. When did you last prove this idiom true or prove it wrong?
This old dog learned a new trick after we moved to the country with a little acreage. I have mastered the riding lawn mower.
4. A favorite book, television show, or movie featuring a dog. Why did you love it?
Growing up I really enjoyed Lassie. Even though there were calamities on the show Lassie always saved the day. The good endings were appreciated.
5. Last time you had reason to (literally or figuratively) exclaim ‘hot diggity dog’?
My sister Lana brought us a couple masks that she ordered from Amazon after she saw one on her hairdresser. These masks are so much more comfortable than cloth masks. Today when I had to run errands I wore it and was so happy to be able to smile, breath and not fog up my glasses. There is a little tension on the chin but the ease in every other aspect was wonderful! Hot diggity dog, since I have to wear a mask, this one makes me happy!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
See the second part of question 1 about friendships.
Thank you Joyce for coming up with the questions for the Hodgepodge. Click on hodgepodge to see more or join in.