1. Are you more task oriented or people oriented? Elaborate.
I am Martha not Mary… I’d love to be Mary and if I work at it I can be more like Mary but I fall back to being Martha-ish..
Luke 10:38-42 (ESV)
38 Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house. 39 And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to his teaching. 40 But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” 41 But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, 42 but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”
2. December 15 is National Wear Your Pearls Day…do you own/wear pearls? If you’re a man answering the question, does your sweetheart own or wear pearls? Everyone share a ‘pearl of wisdom’ with us here today.
My pearl of wisdom is if you can’t afford pearls don’t buy them!
3. Speaking of pearls…oysters? Are you a fan or not a fan? If you answered yes, tell us your favorite way to eat oysters? If you said no, be honest-have you ever tried one or does just the idea of eating an oyster make you gag a little?
Before 5 years ago I would gag if you talked about oysters. Now I can enjoy an oyster shooter with great spicy sauces. In the mosaic above my sisters and I are enjoying a weekend in Victoria, B.C. celebrating my 60th birthday in April of 2011. The top shot in the mosaic is an oyster shooter I ordered at the beginning of our meal.
4. Time Magazine has named President-elect Donald Trump Person of the Year. Let’s take presidents and presidential candidates out of the mix for a minute. If a political figure had not been chosen who would you name Man or Woman of the Year for 2016?
I’d nominate Cliff Barrows for man of the year. Cliff Barrows, music and program director for the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, who once led congregational singing and Crusade choirs around the world with Billy Graham. Here’s a quote from him, “I’ve had no greater joy than encouraging people to sing,” said Mr. Barrows. “Every great moving of the Spirit of God has been accompanied by great singing. I believe it will always be so!”
Cliff Barrows, April 6, 1923 – November 15, 2016
5. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2017 has been announced, and it’s a vibrant green aptly named-greenery. Your thoughts? Is this a color currently in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade for the new year? Click here to see the color.
We are ahead of the times at this old house. Our kitchen and hall ways are filled with greenery!
6. Today I’ve had too much…This hasn’t been a too much of anything day it was all just right.
7. Share a favorite lyric from a favorite Christmas carol.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
While I was downtown yesterday at the Seattle Sounders Victory Parade Dear chose our mystery tree. When I came home we cut the strings and had the reveal. Another great stress free tree. It’s not perfect but it smells good. I hope to have it decorated by the weekend and I also hope to have our cards mailed by Friday, too. Our noses didn’t freeze off at the parade and rally. It was fun.
Linking up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. She supplies the questions and we provide the answers.
Bonus: I’ve got a simple Pear Soup recipe up on MGCC blog today. Click over to get the recipe.