This easy Crock Pot Potato Soup is inspired by a Paula Deen recipe that was shared on bj’s Sweet Nothings blog. I changed it up with some fresh ingredients and we really enjoyed it.
- 10 golden or new potatoes, diced, 4-5 cups
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cans chicken broth or 29 oz. of homemade broth or stock
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 10-1/2 oz.
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 block softened cream cheese, 8 ounces, cut into 8 pieces
- cooked bacon for topping
- shredded cheese for topping
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Add diced potatoes, onion, broth, soup, celery and pepper and mix well.
- Set crock pot on low and cook for 5-6 hours.
- After 5-1/2 hours add the softened cream cheese stirring to blend.
- Heat for another 1/2 hour.
- Serve topped with cooked chopped bacon and shredded cheese if desired.