Time for Wednesday Hodgepodge where Jo comes up with the questions and we come up with the answers. Thank you Jo From This Side of the Pond.
1. What are some memories you associate with spring?
Strawberry Stands in Southern California. Fresh strawberries right from the fields were so juicy, sweet and delicious! Both of our grandchildren were born in the Spring and that is a very special memory being at the hospital waiting to hear about their entry into this world. Addy was born on the first day of Spring. Easter celebrations are also high on the list of things I associate with Spring. Easter is a favorite of mine to celebrate with joy. After we moved to Washington State a trip to the tulip fields in April make for a wonderful visual picture of Spring!
2. April showers bring May flowers…was that saying proven true where you live? Snapdragons, anemones, carnations, lilacs, sweet peas, tulips, lily of the valley, orchids, roses, gardenias…which one on that list is your favorite May bloom?
If I have to choose one I’ll say lilacs!
Here’s a lilac memory from April 2010 of my niece and grandniece at Descanso Gardens in Southern California.
3. What are your top three distractions and how do you deal with them?
Noise, Empty chatter, devices as in smart phones.
If I can’t get away from the noise I have my headphones.
If I can’t get away from the chatter I try to tune it out. I do tend to sigh when the chatter stops.
Devices, I turn them to silent, or turn them off.
4. Do you eat beef?
In the course of a week, how often is beef on the menu?
I would say at least 3x’s a week.
A hamburger, steak, prime rib, or a roast beef dinner…which beef entree would you choose and yes you have to choose. Unless you’re a vegan, and then you may pass.
In a restaurant I would most likely choose Prime Rib if it’s on the menu. If not then I’d go with a hamburger.
5. In what way were you creative during the month of April?
I was creative in planning, organizing, recruiting, cooking and serving 58 pastors last Thursday and Friday. We served dinner, a dessert social, lunch and dinner.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
These grabbers are a favorite with our grands. Toys just don’t hold as much interest. They were trying to grab uncle Andrew’s feet.