1. Finally make it to the top of the Space Needle. Completed on Wednesday January 26th!
2. Dinner with the Mennonite Girls and their husbands. Met for dinner at the Chuckanut Manor on March 13th!
3. East Coast Trip. Things are shaping up for a trip to Washington D.C. (Any suggestions about what to see and where to eat would be highly appreciated) We were there from May 10th-18th. We saw more than our brains could take in!
4. Apply for my enhanced license so my trips to Canada will be easier. Completed in January!
5. Birthday getaway with my 3 sisters. Plans are afoot. Victoria B.C., April 1-3, 2011
6. Try one new restaurant every month of this year. Looks like this one is really going to be easy especially with trips planned. Eastlake Bar and Grill~ Lake Union. The Hitching Post~ Monroe. Racha Thai ~Seattle. Bishops Alehouse ~ Juanita. Chuckanut Manor-Bow. Barolo ~ Seattle. The Cabbage Patch ~ Snohomish. Pescatores ~ Victoria, B.C.
7. Send my parents a bouquet of flowers on my 60th birthday thanking them for loving me all these years. Sent on March 14th and my parents were thrilled.
8. Visiting a a new garden. Hillwood Garden in Washington D.C., Bishop’s Garden in Washington D.C. and Botanical Gardens in D.C.
9. Plant something new in my yard. I planted some Sweet Peas and 2 Top Hat blueberry bushes.
10. Have my flagpole installed. Installed on my birthday March 14th.
***11. Lose 10 pounds. Oh Nellie! I should have said gain 10 pounds! Woohoo!! Before I gain it back I want y’all to know that as of 7/18/11 I have lost 10 pounds. I started my program on June 12th. Now I’m moving on to lose 10 more. This past Sunday I fit into the jeans one size down that have been draped over the couch for a year waiting…
12. Enjoy a book by an author I haven’t read before. I’ve read a couple books by Jeanne Birdsall that I’ve enjoyed and I’m on the second book by Rick Riordan that I’m enjoying. I also read a non-fiction book by Lewis B. Smedes on Forgiveness.
13. Explore 6 cities/towns in Washington. Lake Union~ Monroe~ Snohomish~ Olympia ~ Lynden ~ Port Townsend
14. Try 2 new recipes every month. As you can see by my mosaic at the top of this update I have been trying lots of new recipes.
15. Go on a easy day hike.
16. Walk more.
17. Go to a new Tea Room. White Heather Tea Room in Victoria, B.C. (Oak Bay)
18. Purge 60 books off my bookshelves. Well on the way
19. Begin going through old boxes in the garage loft. Working on this with 4 boxes down to work on…
20. Go on an adventure with my daughter Katie. I’ve had many adventures. One fun one is going with her to register for her wedding! We just got back from a wonderful California adventure with family members. Our Bag-O-Rama Jamboree was a wonderful experience in Southern California from July 22nd to July 30th 2011~
21. Re-arrange some things that have been the same for 13 years in this old house. Moved antique hutch around and changed some wall hangings.
22. Buy a Welsh Sideboard. I’ve wanted one for years. Instead of a Welsh cabinet we found an Indonesian cabinet that fits our space perfectly.
23. Make and serve our Russian favorite recipes for family gatherings. Golubtsi, Pelemeni,
24. Find a couple new blogs to add to my favorites. Pondside, and more to be added soon…
25. Clean out my closet.
26. Take some time to journal.
27. Invite someone new over for a meal.
28. Invite old friends over for a meal. Had our dear friends over on April 8th for dinner.
29. Meet Dear downtown for lunch.
30. Do some volunteer work. Fulfilled on March 28th although I’d like to do more. United We Serve
31. Try baking a pie including the crust.
32. Bake cinnamon rolls from scratch.
33. Write some letters and mail them.
34. Surprise someone. Sent cookbooks to Dear’s Aunts and to a dear lady who encouraged me in college.
35. Get a manicure and pedicure. Fulfilled on July 18th, a gift from my brother’s family for my 60th.
36. Have more than one hour long massage. Fulfilled on June 20th, a gift from Josh and Laura for my birthday.
37. Use my sewing machine.
38. Be brave enough to get a new generation phone.
39. Call Dear’s Aunts on their birthdays. Called Aunt Audrey on April 14th ~ Called Aunt Carol on June 26th
40. Try something new with my camera. Tried doing some angled shots.
Now here are the final 20 of my list of 60 things to do in my 60th year!
41. Take a ride in a limousine with people she loves. Completed on my birthday March 14th with our sons, DIL, and Dear.
42. Treat people for her birthday. Bought drinks for all our season ticket neighbors at the opening game which was the day after my 60th birthday.
43. Find a purse that will accommodate my stuff plus my camera with a long enough strap to fit over my shoulder. Completed, I’ll share it soon.
44. Meet bloggy friends in person that she has never met in person before. Met the lovely Pondside in Victoria B.C. and she treated my sisters and I to a fine tour of her town. Met Jill from Jill’s World of Research, Reaction, and Millinery when she flew in to stay with us for the Lavender Farm Faire Tour.
45. Reorganize cabinets and purge some Chotskies.
46. Make those every so many year appointments you dread but need to do. Yearly-check, The Squeeze – check, Got my bone density done! check! Colonoscopy done!
47. Write a Psalm to God. Done!
48. Find a dress for our daughter’s wedding.
50. Learn to put the flagpole up and take it down. It’s not as hard as I thought and I’ve done it several times already.
51. Back up the files on my computer.
52. Create some photo books.
53. Mail a box of goodies to Katie’s Andrew while he is deployed. I’ve been adding things to Katie’s boxes.
54. Order a DVR. Got one March 24th!
55. Get a new modem that might actually make her internet work well. Got one and things have improved but we need more improvement! Finally got some good service and much improvement the week of May 23rd!
56. Send flowers to some unsuspecting person.
57. Detail my car.
58. Write poetic tribute of my history as seen on Debora’s blog.
59. Take a canoe ride on Lake Washington this summer with Dear. Him rowing, me taking photos.
60. Do a blog tribute to some of my favorite blog posts on other people’s blogs.
Coming up with 60 things was not an easy task. Maybe there will be some modifications along the way. It was a good exercise and I’ve already enjoyed the benefits of completing many of the 60.