It’s time once again for the Wednesday Hodgepodge thanks to Joyce From This Side of the Pond.
1. What about your upbringing are you most grateful for?
My parents’ faith in God was always a priority and they modeled hard work and service to others.
2. What are two or three things that bring you comfort?
- I’m clothed in Christ’s Righteousness.
- I’m loved by my husband.
- Our children love each other and care for one another.
3. Something beautiful you saw today? (or yesterday depending on when it is you’re answering this question)
Our daughter, dressed up to hand out Halloween candy to trick or treaters.
4. Have you ever used a typewriter? Tell us a memory associated with that.
Yes. Typewriting was a required class in Junior High. The typewriting teacher, Mr. Drummond, was a grouch who hit our fingers with a ruler if we didn’t hold them correctly when typing.
5. Something you are grateful for today.
I am grateful for a comfortable peaceful home.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We are traveling across the mountains today to attend the funeral of our dear daughter-in-law’s Grandmother. I’ll be late in visiting all of you.
Our Daughter-in-love, her Grandma Wilma, and Pat, Laura’s Mom.
Three generations, this photo was taken in November of 2009 at a Tearoom in Bothell just after Thanksgiving Day.
Wilma Amelia Foubert (March 4, 1924 – October 14, 2022)
Our DIL wrote the following about her grandma shortly after Wilma passed away.
“What a gift to have loved and been loved by such an incredible woman so many years of my life. Last night, at 98 years old, my precious Grandma Wilma passed peacefully in her home just as she had wanted. The strength and heart of our family. It’s an honor to be a part of her tribe. Love you with my whole heart forever, Grandma!”
Wilma Amelia (Hegedus) Foubert passed away peacefully at home in Bothell, Washington on Friday evening, October 14th, 2022, at age 98.
We were honored to spend time with Grandma Wilma during her life on earth. We love you Grandma Wilma. See you in heaven.