This slaw is a fresh alternative to traditional coleslaw for a barbecue. You can use a store bought dressing or mix up Anneliese’s dressing. Anneliese also has a tutorial on how to cut a mango at that link.
- 1/2 Small Jicama, peeled and julienned
- 2 Mangoes, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 small cabbage julienned
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions/scallions sliced thin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Store bought mango dressing or Anneliese’s dressing
- Mix all fresh ingredients together.
- Add enough dressing to coat.
You can double or triple this recipe for a large crowd using up a whole Jicama, whole head of cabbage, adding more mangoes and increasing the dressing. An easy tip is to use equal parts Jicama, Mango and Cabbage.
If you don’t want to bother with whole mangoes you can buy peeled and pitted mangoes at your grocery store. I bought mine at Costco.