Time for Wednesday Hodgepodge with thanks to Jo From This Side of the Pond for coming up with the questions.
The internet has been touch and go at our country bungalow so I’m behind on my visits to your blogs. Hopefully things will speed up and I’ll be back soon.
1. July 6th is National Fried Chicken Day…are you a fan? Do you make your own or have a favorite place to buy from? Do you own chickens? If not chicken what’s your favorite fried food?
Chicken is not my favorite fried food but we do enjoy fried chicken and buy it once in a while from Colonel Lickie Quickie Chickie. We do not own chickens but our local kids do. I like Tempura Vegetables and they are probably my favorite fried food.
2. What’s something you’re too chicken to try?
Sky diving, bungie jumping, backpacking just to name a few.
3. When did you last find yourself running around like a ‘chicken with its head cut off‘?
I’m drawing a blank with this one.
4. Something you’ve done recently that makes you think ‘I’m no spring chicken’?
Oh boy, here we go. Trying to get up off the floor when I get down to play with the grands. Getting down on the floor isn’t easy either. Weeding is another thing that reminds me of the natural progression of my age and how it affects my body. Trying to get out of cars that sit low to the ground.
5. ‘Winner winner chicken dinner‘…tell us about something good that’s happened in your life lately.
So many things…
Time spent with loved ones that I hadn’t seen for ages. Visits from our kids and grands. Finding a friend to walk with. My dear husband and his care for me. Speaking of Dear, he’s painting the exterior of our home and it is looking fresh and good. Generally relationally I am blessed with very little conflict, with good relationships and I don’t take that for granted.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
The many faces of our grands reacting to their at home Fourth of July fireworks! Thank you to our daughter-in-law for capturing these moments.