These Butter-Pecan Pumpkin Squares would be a nice alternative to Pumpkin Pie. They have a good base and the filling stays moist and is very similar to pumpkin pie filling.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 – 15oz. can of pure pumpkin (2 cups pumpkin if you make your own)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. To prepare base: Combine sugar, flour and butter in a bowl with pastry cutter until crumbly. Press into 12 x 8 x 2 inch greased baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes until slightly browned and puffed. Set aside to cool.
2. To prepare filling: Combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt with electric mixer until smooth. Pour over baked crust. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until slightly firm.
3. To prepare topping: Combine brown sugar and butter in small bowl with pastry blender until crumbly. Add nuts and stir to mix. Sprinkle over pumpkin filling and return to oven for about 10 more minutes until mixture is bubbly and browned.
4. Cool thoroughly before cutting into squares.
Yield: Approximately 36 squares, 2 by 2 inches.
6 thoughts on “Butter-Pecan Pumpkin Bars”
What an amazing cake!
…that’s quite a cake!
The Pumpkin bars look yummy and the cake is beautiful. Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.
Thank you, Eileen
The pumpkin bars sure look good.
Happy Birthday to Katie – what a great looking cake!!!
Beautiful cake and those pumpkin bars may be just what I need to bake.