These muffins are easy to make and they aren’t overly sweet. Enjoy them any time of the day.
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 well beaten egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the oats with the milk and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Combine the beaten egg, oil, sugar and oatmeal mixture.
- Add all at once to the sifted dry ingredients stirring just to moisten.
- Fill greased muffin pans 2/3 full. I used muffin cup liners.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
Yield: 12 muffins.