I found the recipe for this Pear Custard Pie at https://www.dinneratthezoo.com/pear-custard/
- 4 firm pears of any variety cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter melted
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Cooking spray
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 inch round pan with cooking spray.
Arrange the pear slices in the pan.
Put the butter, eggs, milk, salt, granulated sugar, flour and vanilla into a blender; process until smooth.
Pour the batter over the pears. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the custard is golden and firm to the touch. Dust the top with powdered sugar before serving.
It is a recipe that was very successful and I’ll make it again. Enjoy. Bon Appetit!