1. What’s left to be done on your Christmas to-do list?
Buy the ingredients for our Christmas Eve and Christmas day menus. Dear will be making his famous Tomato Rice Soup for Christmas Eve and then on Christmas day we will have Swedish Pancakes for breakfast (Dear makes those, too) and Prime Rib and Yorkshire Pudding for dinner. Oh my, looks like Dear will have the lion’s share of cooking duties since he’s throwing the Prime Rib on the Traeger this year, too. I’ll work on the sides. Daughter in love is bringing the homemade pies.
2. The Hodgepodge lands on the first day of winter this year. What’s your favorite thing about winter?
Since we moved to Washington State from Southern California twenty eight years ago I have enjoyed having 4 distinct seasons. I appreciate different landscapes throughout the year. Winter isn’t my favorite but I appreciate it’s difference. Winter clothing is my favorite thing about winter. I like comfy clothes.
3. In what area of your life are you immature? Feel free to elaborate or not.
First I’ll choose this definition of immature; not fully developed. I am not fully developed in my life as a follower of Jesus. I still have lots to learn about trusting God in this daily walk. Obedience does not come naturally and easily to me. So in this I am immature. I thank God He loves me and doesn’t abandon me. He will never leave me on the side of the road and drive away like I threatened my children I’d do on some of those road trips when they were little.
4. What was the most (or one of the most) important lessons you learned in 2016?
I can live with my husband under foot every day and still have joy. He’s been unemployed since June and from January till June he was a consultant working out of our home.
5. It’s Fried Shrimp Day…are you a fan? What’s your favorite way to eat shrimp? Will there be shrimp somewhere in your holiday feastings?
Shrimp is not a staple in my culinary world. My favorite way to eat shrimp is coconut crusted as an appetizer at a restaurant. No we will not have shrimp in our feastings.
6. What sound lulls you to sleep?
The lack of sounds is what lulls me to sleep.
7. What one word best describes your 2016?
We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Good tidings we bring to you and your kin, Good tidings for Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Thank you Joyce for asking the questions. To see more hodgepodge click over to From This Side of the Pond.
Happy First Day of Winter y’all!