It’s time to look back and choose favorites from the past week. Susanne at Living to Tell the Story is our hostess for this weekly event.
I’ll intersperse my Fave 5 amongst these snow shots. We had some late snow for our parts. It’s always a surprise around here and we get all worked up over an inch or two of snow. Last night some areas north of Seattle got 14 inches of snow which is unusual. One of the things that makes snow in the Seattle area very hard to deal with is our hilly terrain. We are not flat like Chicago!
1. Well since that’s our apple tree in the snow I’ll start my favorites with the fact that we finally got all our tree pruning done!
2. When it snows I tend to stock up and cook meals at home. Right now I’m smelling the great aroma of chicken cooking in my Crock pot.
3. Another favorite from this week was a telephone call from our son in Eastern Washington just to let us know they got another 10 inches of snow out at the cabin he’s living in. He also made arrangements for us to use some of his Marriott free nights at a hotel we’ll be staying at in Washington D.C. Thanks Dan!
4. My father passed out for no reason last Friday and ended up in the hospital for a couple nights. They tested him out for heart and brain issues and everything came back negative. The doctor thinks the problem was a medication issue and gave him instructions. He’s home and I’m glad it wasn’t something major. My mom was so cute she said “I tested the lonely life and it didn’t pass” That was after only one night without my dad at home. My dad also told us he didn’t need his Bible at the hospital because he just recited all the Psalms he’s memorized when he couldn’t sleep. I’m so thankful for my parents and the love they have for each other and all of us.
5. My Friday cleaning schedule is going well. I’m always thankful when I stick to a plan. It was also very satisfying to see my daughter thoroughly clean the main bathroom. It’s her bathroom for the most part so it’s her responsibility. She even cleaned out all the drawers, etc. Scary what she found in there. One of the funny things was that there was enough dental floss for a family of 25. I won’t even mention the retainers she found….
So what were your favorites this past week? I’ll be around really early before my cleaning schedule starts or late in the day to see your favorites.
Photobucket replaced all my photos with ugly black and grey boxes and they are holding my photos hostage until I pay them lots of money. I’m slowly going through all my posts and trying to clean them up and replacing some photos. Such a bother.