It’s time for Friday’s Fave Five hosted by the lovely Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. Click over to join in. It’s a good exercise of looking back and remembering favorites, blessings, good things that have happened.
This has been a different kind of week for me and come to think of it the last 3 weeks have been “different”. I’m in the midst of changes to my usual routine around the condo and out and about. One major change that a psychologist could probably run with is the fact that I haven’t purchased anything from a thrift store in the last 3 weeks. Hmmm. On to my favorites…
1. On Saturday I met up with 9 of the gals in my family for a tea. It wasn’t one of the best tea rooms we’ve been to but it was fun to get together and enjoy time together. And yes I did have a hat on most of the time till it fell off…that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!
2. I’ve challenged myself to get moving every day instead of just the day Willow and I can get together for our walk. It has felt good to get out at 7:00 three days a week to get my heart rate going before breakfast. The other 3 days I’m trying a simple weight training routine with dumb bells.
3. There used to be a huge dirt and weed filled area behind our condominium complex. It is now a Sports Complex with 4 baseball diamonds and several full soccer fields with lots of parking and restrooms, etc. This week they laid all the grass and it will be nice to have less dust flying around here. I’m waiting for the complex to be opened up so I can get some better photos.
4. Yippee our Seattle Sounders won their game against Kansas City on Saturday so we are in the playoffs. I might even be able to go to a playoff game since it sounds like at least one of the games will be in the L.A. area and better yet my kids might come down here for that game!
5. I’m excited that my oldest son and I made arrangements this week to go to my middle son’s graduation from Academy the end of November. It wasn’t easy to find flights to get to this little town out in the middle of nowhere. I was sad that no one would be there to see Dan graduate and am relieved now that it is possible. God is good.
Photobucket is holding all my photos that I stored on their site from 2007-2015 hostage replacing them with ugly grey and black boxes and asking for a large ransom to retrieve them. It is a slow process to go through all my posts deleting the ugly boxes.