Thanks to Susanne at Living to Tell the Story we’re encouraged to look back over the last 7 days and remember a few of our favorite things.
My life confuses me some times. Dear and I are living in Southern California right now and for the past 3 years because of his work but we still call the Seattle area “home” and that is where our house and kids reside. For the past couple years I’ve spent about 6 weeks in July and August at our home in Seattle. After 2 weeks in Seattle I unexpectedly had to fly back to Southern California this week to attend a funeral. I’ll be in So. Cal. for 6 days and head back to Seattle on Monday night. So here are 5 of my faves…
1. My blueberry bush has ripe blueberries and every morning in Washington I go out in my jammies with weird hair and in front of the birds and the early going to workers and pick a good bunch for my cereal. I love this ritual.
2. My daughter and I had a great time transforming our deck gazebo into a Moroccan tent for a shower she gave her friend. It’s fun to work along side each other and enjoy the time and the results.
3. Being unexpectedly reunited with Dear for 6 days. It breaks up our time apart which is a good thing. He’ll be flying to Seattle on July 31st for two weeks and then we’ll return to Southern California together.
4. Attending Sophie’s funeral. I know this probably sounds weird to a lot of you that it is a favorite but this great old lady (95-1/2) wanted to die and be with Jesus and she finally got her wish. The wonderful part of attending the funeral was being reunited with church family from 35 years ago and singing together again and boy did we sing a lot and every stanza and with music and a cappella.
5. It was also nice to see my older brother at the funeral. I hadn’t seen him for at least 5 years and it was good to see him face to face.
Looking forward to seeing your favorites!
Photobucket is holding all my photos that I stored on their site from 2007-2015 hostage replacing them with ugly grey and black boxes and asking for a large ransom to retrieve them. It is a slow process to go through all my posts deleting the ugly boxes.