1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar…what’s your favorite eclipse related snack on this list?
Yes we did watch the solar eclipse. We did not have the full deal but it was cool. I had a post up yesterday on the great eclipse shadows we enjoyed. A Sunkist orange is the favorite from that list.
2. What are you ‘over the moon‘ about these days? What’s something you enjoy doing every ‘once in a blue moon‘?
This little one is what I’m over the moon about these days, sweet little Addy May!
Once in a blue moon I will try a craft project. I find crafts and sewing frustrating and generally I don’t get a great result.
See these cute little Matryoshka dolls my sister Lana, daughters Katie, Laura and I created in 2011. Mine is the angry one on the right side. Just wanted to show y’all proof that crafting isn’t my gift.
3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?
Tides and the ebb and flow of water. Whenever I’m close to the ocean I’ll make sure to have a walk along the water or to the end of the pier.
4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child?
I was always very excited to go back to school. My mom made sure I had a new dress which I was proud to wear. I’m olden and girls were required to wear dresses or skirts and blouses to school all my schooling years from K-12 except for physical education in junior high and high school where we had gym uniforms issued to us.
The photo above is of my niece Hope walking to school a few years ago with the Matryoshka back pack I bought her in Poulsbo where I was visiting and shopping with my friend Beth. (Hi Beth!)
I’m on the top row on the left. Looks like I’m the happiest kid in kindergarten!
5. I’ve seen several versions of this around the net so let’s make one of our own…share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.
Grace: Greater than all my sin.
Forgiveness: Undeserved but so grateful for it.
Peace: With God through Jesus.
Joy: Down in my heart.
Family: Accepted, loved and appreciated.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Addy’s mommy and daddy surprised us with a special overnight stop at our house last Friday even though it took them well out of their way on their way home from vacation on the Oregon Coast. We were so surprised and overjoyed to enjoy them and our other kids who live close by. They made sure to hang out for as many hours as they could. We ate meals together, took a walk and had turns holding and entertaining Addy. It was Christmas in August for all of us!
Linking up with Joyce From This Side of the Pond for Hodgepodge Wednesday. Joyce provides the questions and we answer them.